• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Writing on Pg. 1 of Bronze Key and impact on "perceived grade" & desirability?

58 posts in this topic

Bruce, it looks like I'm a little late to the party as you have probably made up your mind already. Here is my two cents anyway...

We are talking seriously high grade books here, and no matter what your personal preferences are a book that has been written on is 'less' than perfect. Signature's inside a book may be fine with most, but I am betting a lot of high grade collectors will have doubts. The fact that you youreself are doubting the viability of the grade should be an indicator of how other ultra high grade collectors will think.

Bru, the book is not worth this much pain. grin.gif Do yourself a favour, put your mind at rest, and wait for the next one.

Bruce,

Go for it. Comic creators like Stan Lee, Len Wein, Denny O'Neill, etc are not going to live forever. Those signatures inside the comic are not obtrusive & will escalate the value of the book in the future. However, at Comic-con I saw more ppl asking creative talent to sign on the white of the cgc label slab though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus, why would you pay that much for a bronze age book?

I was waiting for some one to say that. acclaim.gif

I really believe the books mostly likely to stay flat or even fall in price are the Ultra-High grade books that APPEAR to be rare, but in fact have 1,000's of copies available (just maybe not a huge amount in NM+). makepoint.gif

I was waiting for some one to say that. acclaim.gif

I really believe the books mostly likely to stay flat or even fall in price are the Ultra-High grade books that APPEAR to be rare, but in fact have 1,000's of copies available (just maybe not a huge amount in NM+). makepoint.gif

Double-Grrrrrrrr! mad.gif

I'm not knocking Bronze-Age books. But the reality is that there is a much greater chance that these books are being hoarded than GA or early Silver-Age.

For $6000 I would pass 'cause of the writing. Even though that title has staying power & the other 9.6's are most likely locked away in collections (I think a board member has one), I would hold out hope that you'll have an opportunity to buy an "untarnished" one. Don't think too many more 9.6's will show up. That book is a toughie in primo HG. However, I've seen that book in sealed packs..........potential 9.6's? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif