• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22 cover only- What will it sell for?

35 posts in this topic

All it takes are two and it could go through the roof.

That happened to me when I sold my pep 22 in 2001. I had bought it for 400 dollars in 1996. 5 years later I sold it for 6700.00 .Two guys who really wanted it just drove the auction through the roof.It was the greatest gain[percentage wise I had ever made on a comic. So the above statement is very true.

That happened to me when I sold my pep 22 in 2001. I had bought it for 400 dollars in 1996. 5 years later I sold it for 6700.00 .Two guys who really wanted it just drove the auction through the roof.It was the greatest gain[percentage wise I had ever made on a comic. So the above statement is very true.

Yes, I could see a bidding war for a half decent copy of the cover. But, seriously, you have got to admit that this is a pretty low grade crappy copy that is being listed here.

Yes, I could see a bidding war for a half decent copy of the cover. But, seriously, you have got to admit that this is a pretty low grade crappy copy that is being listed here.

Agreed.

That is a little too long in the tooth to be worth all that much.

Ze-

Agreed that the condition is not so hot but as an Archie collector, I look at this comic as the Action #1 of the Archie world.

Since it rarely appears, I can imagine that someone would like to own at least the cover, which does mention the introduction of Archie in that issue. The Archie story from 22 has been reprinted numerous times over the years but I don't think the inside front cover is ever reproduced. The inside cover write up is actually more historic because the publisher's introduction to Archie implies that they expect him to become very popular and they invite readers to provide feedback.

As weird as it sounds I have always like that issue for the cover as opposed to the 1st appearance of archie. If the bid doesn't go too much higher I might throw in a bid. It would be awesome to have restored and attached to a coverless copy.

I also find Pep 65 to be somewhat significant in the sense that the Shield and Dusty are passing the torch to Archie and the G man club becomes Archie's club. I get sad whenever I read it.

gossip.gif That's actually the inside front cover of Pep 66, not 65...

So what would be worth more, the cover or the coverless interiors? The interiors have the first Archie appearance, but the cover must be significantly tougher to find by itself (for marrying purposes). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif