• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil Gaiman and 1602

98 posts in this topic

Got the book today in. Just browsed through it the art looks great. Will read it later. If anyone is lazy and doesnt want to go to their local store I have a lot available. PM me if interested.

Chris

Got the book today in. Just browsed through it the art looks great. Will read it later. If anyone is lazy and doesnt want to go to their local store I have a lot available. PM me if interested.

Chris

We are not lazy!!!

Just kinetically chalenged!

I really liked the art in 1602. IMO the biggest thing I didn't like was the writing. I was hoping Gaiman would have been a little bit more mysterious in who the characters were. Why he chose to change some names and not others.

two copies of 1602, the book is alright, but it ain't no sandman. hopefully it will get better as the storyline moves on. i liked what they called dr. doom, "the handsome". 27_laughing.gif the name changes didn't really bother me, i think neil is trying to set a tone for that period. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

two copies of 1602, the book is alright, but it ain't no sandman. hopefully it will get better as the storyline moves on. i liked what they called dr. doom, "the handsome". 27_laughing.gif the name changes didn't really bother me, i think neil is trying to set a tone for that period. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Think of this as X-men one. All set up

The next issue will be X2 all action

well these are the characters i recognised in the book:

peter parker

dr. strange

scarlett witch

ice man

cyclops

jean gray

if i missed anybody please add to the list, i flew through the book. laugh.gif

Doctor Stephen Strange

Sir Nicholas Fury

Peter Parquagh (peter parker)

Sir Devil / Master Murdoch (daredevil)

Clea

Sister Wanda (scarlet witch)

Petros (quicksilver)

Carlos Javier (prof. x; not seen)

Count Otto von doom, the Handsome (Dr. Doom; not seen)

Sir Reed (Reed Richards; possibly dead; not seen)

Inquisitor (?)

Rojhaz (?)

Virginia Dare(?)

Captain Nelson (foggy)

Scotius Summers (cyclops)

Robert Trefusis (iceman)

John Gray (jean grey)

angel

did I miss anyone?

I like this, and I've been a Gaiman fan since Sandman #1. And I agree this is the set-up; am sure it will get even better as we get moving.

Doctor Stephen Strange

Sir Nicholas Fury

Peter Parquagh (peter parker)

Sir Devil / Master Murdoch (daredevil)

Clea

Sister Wanda (scarlet witch)

Petros (quicksilver)

Javier (prof. x; not seen)

Inquisitor (?)

Rojhaz (?)

Virginia (?)

Captain Nelson (foggy)

Scotius Summers (cyclops)

Robert Trefusis (iceman)

John Gray (jean grey)

angel

did I miss anyone?

The Inquisitor may be meant as the Magneto analogue, since he's the mentor to Wanda and Petros. But then why is he persecuting the witches/mutants? (Maybe to prompt a war between 'witches' and 'mortals?')

Virginia is Virginia Dare, a historical figure who in 'our' reality perished or disappeared with the lost Roanoke colony (the first English settlement in the Americas, here in North Carolina). Not sure if Virginia or Rojhaz will turn out to be Marvel analogues or not. Speculation is that the divergent fate of the Roanoke colony in this 1602 reality is what sets this alternate timestream in motion. (But Virginia & Rojhaz do remind me of Little Orphan Annie and her East Indian guardian whats-his-name 27_laughing.gif).

Note the Fantastic Four are mentioned in Murdoch's song, and are believed to be deceased.

Anybody know who Fury's green-cloaked, pointed-eared bald attacker is supposed to be?

Finally, anyone else think the red skies are an homage to "Crisis on Infinite Earths?"

Cheers,

Z.

kev,

i knew you'd set us traight, i can't believe i forgot to add the angel to my list. like i said i flwe through the book, didn't even checkout the art. im going to have to read it again. is this a mini series or ongoing? sorry for the dumb questions, but i don't BUY or READ mocern comic magazines. confused-smiley-013.gif

thanks in advance,

pimpy

(But Virginia & Rojhaz do remind me of Little Orphan Annie and her East Indian guardian whats-his-name ).

Sahib (saheeb?) - the "UnCola...ahhh hahahaha"

After sleeping on it, I now think I remember Annie's politically-incorrect protector was named 'Punjab.'

And, I wonder now if the answer to the question...

Anybody know who Fury's green-cloaked, pointed-eared bald attacker is supposed to be?

... is the Green Goblin? (Peter was with Fury when attacked, yes?)