• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a scam e-mail I received

2 posts in this topic

I received this e-mail from an unknown source, who was trying to obtain my ebay password. I thought I'd pass this along for informational purposes. It really looks authentic, but ebay informed me that is is a scam. Please note: On the original email, which didn't totally copy, there was what looked like an official ebay logo, and boxes to imput your ebay user name and password. The text of the scam is below:

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by log in and complete the form that will pop up or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with eBay.

After you will login please verify your information in order to complete this verification.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support

eBay User ID

You can also use your registered email.

eBay Password

Forgot your password?

Having problems signing in? Get help now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety) | Feedback Forum | About eBay

Copyright © 1995-2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.