• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best and Worst Comic Book Dealers Thread

111 posts in this topic

Best Comic Book Dealer.......

A common Joe you can meet in person who has some good books

Worst Comic Book Dealer........

The Countless E-bay crazys who can't grade.

Worst prices........

PCE

It's hard to believe you guys are talking about SNE like this. Perhaps I just got lucky. I won a bunch of books from them and they arrived perfectly fine and are exactly what I expected. The package arrived without damage, and promptly.

If it wasn't for Cindy I would never do business with them again. I don't plan on winning multiple auctions after the packing I saw and the amount charged for it. 893censored-thumb.gif

Slabbed - I can accept they would be as adequate as any other dealer.

But TRUST ME - they cannot grade for and while I never dealt with the pleasant and helpful Cindy - Dan is just a pure asshead.

Gotta agree with this. CGC books from them is fine. They used to not do CGC, then they "guaranteed to within 1/2 grade of CGC" (anyone have any experience with their "guarantee"?), and now it appears they slab a lot of their books. I bought a wonderful CGC GA World's Finest from them in CGC 8.5 and it came packaged beautifully via UPS, but then there's my experience with the detached centerfold on a high-grade unslabbed book. I'd bid on and buy from them on slabbed books any day. But that's just my opinion.

While this is a highly subjective subject, I suspect more than a few responses are coming from people being burnt in a one shot deal.

Amongst board members I have had great dealings with FD and Dr. Banner-no need to worry about overgraded boos from them.

Gary Dolgorf and Gerry Ross- I have bought tons of Vg books from them over the years and have no complaints. I hear they lose the ability to grade about VF but I don't know.

One dealer who is complete scum and I would have bought him up in the earlier thread is Nick from Comic Vendor in Torrence Ca.,except I figured he was long gone from the biz. He is nothing but a straight forward thief!!!!And he doesn't even do reacharounds!

While this is a highly subjective subject, I suspect more than a few responses are coming from people being burnt in a one shot deal.

Well, I just requested a refund from a second-shot deal from someone on eBay. The first book was on the low-end of the said grade, but the price was good enough that I didn't mind. This second book... egads... at least 1.5 below stated grade.

So, I don't have the patience or funds for a second shot. I'd rather buy comics than postage...

Oh, and I forgot to add that even Overstreet Advisers are not immune from poor grading... I won something from one a long while back and it was like 2-3 grades off. Had a hard time getting a refund, too.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan