• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best and Worst Comic Book Dealers Thread

111 posts in this topic

Hey - the guy that started this thread contributed to the irrelevancy as well.

So quit being so bitter! wink.gif

Yes I joined in because by that time it was already a ruined super hijacked thread. 893frustrated.giffrown.gif

Actually Speedjunkies started it with the Dork comment to Greggy but it continued and snowballed into a nothingness thread. Thanks to the the help of yourself, Greggy, MajorKhaos and Ricky....thanks guys... confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

Update ubiquiti...

Cindy from Showcase NE is the person to deal with in cases of returns. Every email that I have shot off has been answered promptly without any hassle. She also issued the refund this morning via PP. If you ever have any problems, ask for her and not Dan G.

I gotta agree with this. They "mistakenly" sent me a XXXXXXXXX CGC #11 when I won a XXXXXXXXX CGC #1. I sent off an email, fearful of the consequences given what all I heard. Well, Cindy promptly replied that it was an error, and to return the book, and they would send the correct one out, and reimburse for return shipping. They did send the correct book, and I sent back the wrong one, and after a reminder email (not replied to, but got results nonetheless) they sent me a check to cover the return postage. Just limit your buys from them to slabbed books. I think the prevailing opinion of SNEs grading around here is accurate - I once bought a "VF/VF+" book from them with a detached centerfold. Returned for refund, but didn't get any shipping costs (to or from) reimbursed. Then they relisted the book about 8 months later at the exact same grade!! I emailed them about it three times, and they never replied, but did take down the auction.

I gotta agree with this. They "mistakenly" sent me a XXXXXXXXX CGC #11 when I won a XXXXXXXXX CGC #1. I sent off an email, fearful of the consequences given what all I heard. Well, Cindy promptly replied that it was an error, and to return the book, and they would send the correct one out, and reimburse for return shipping. They did send the correct book, and I sent back the wrong one, and after a reminder email (not replied to, but got results nonetheless) they sent me a check to cover the return postage. Just limit your buys from them to slabbed books. I think the prevailing opinion of SNEs grading around here is accurate - I once bought a "VF/VF+" book from them with a detached centerfold. Returned for refund, but didn't get any shipping costs (to or from) reimbursed. Then they relisted the book about 8 months later at the exact same grade!! I emailed them about it three times, and they never replied, but did take down the auction.

893offtopic1.gif

It's hard to believe you guys are talking about SNE like this. Perhaps I just got lucky. I won a bunch of books from them and they arrived perfectly fine and are exactly what I expected. The package arrived without damage, and promptly.

Slabbed - I can accept they would be as adequate as any other dealer.

But TRUST ME - they cannot grade for and while I never dealt with the pleasant and helpful Cindy - Dan is just a pure asshead.

Actually the more raw books I buy, the more I notice sellers tend to overgrade their books. Not that I can blame them, being the used car salesman they are. I guess the prevalent thinking among sellers in this capacity would have to live up to P.T. Barnum's axiom.

I try not to buy raw books because of this.