• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shameless Plug -- American Splendor

6 posts in this topic

A rare shameless plug:

The company I work for will be releasing the film American Splendor on Friday in LA, NY, and Cleveland. The week after it will expand to several more markets and throughout September the plan will be to get it to a theater near you (even in Canada no less).

I would never just promote one of our movies in this forum, but in this case, I wanted to spread a little positive word of mouth. We purchased this film at Sundance where it won the top prize. I saw it not long after and I think it is fantastic. I had very little awareness of Harvey Pekar or his comic books having not spent much time around "Underground Comix" with the exception of an occasional Freak Brothers or Zippy. It is easily one of the freshest films I've seen in a long time. I won't go into details, but suffice to say I hope some of you go out and support it. It is a different comic angle than we are used to and I'm proud to have been a small part of it (I put together the soundtrack album which will be out on the 19th). For those of you that want an unbiased look or review, I encourage you to visit the website or check out some of the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes (which should be up on Friday if not already).

Thanks and I won't do it again until we release either Blade: Trinity, Iron Man or Shazam and those are a long time coming.

I have an advance preview pass for this Wednesday night in Toronto. After seeing the trailer online I've been quite interested in seeing this.

I saw the real Pekar interviewed in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. Giammatti seems to have captured him perfectly.

Kev

I really enjoyed the American Splendor comic & all of Harvey Pekar's appearances on David Letterman. Pekar's crazy hair & sarcastic humor fit Letterman perfectly. grin.gif

Then you should enjoy the way they work the original Letterman clips into the film!