• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resubmission question

12 posts in this topic

Well it has the old label... so...

A reholder is for a book still in the slab that has a crack or damage not resulting in the opening of the slab. It is for cracks and such.

A re sub is for a book that has been removed from the slab or has the holder opened/broken to a point that the book has to be re graded.

The first is $11 and requires the book to be in the slab.

The later requires submitting the book again at the proper service tier and having the book re graded. If you include the label you get a small discount off of that cost. It doesn't matter if it is

in the slab or not.

(I think that is correct) Hope that helps.

i think the question here is not the cost or what the difference is between regrade and reholder.

i think he is asking whether or not you resubmit it in the previous holder/label such that cgc can see the previous grade and perhaps be influenced by it.

I adjusted my first post to cover the label question. I don't know if the graders even see the label on resub but it would be tempting wouldn't it. I think the main purpose is to remove it from the census.

Well it has the old label... so...

A reholder is for a book still in the slab that has a crack or damage not resulting in the opening of the slab. It is for cracks and such.

You can also send the slabbed book in for a reholder of $11 if you have an old label and want a new one, with no damage done to the slab.

Good point. I don't know about anyone else but I kind of liked the style of the old labels. Hard to read but still cool.

insane.gif