• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HDTV or a Hulk #181 which would you get it you had the found $$

HDTV OR HULK #181  

282 members have voted

1. 1. HDTV OR HULK #181

70 posts in this topic

Put me in the TV camp. HD is great. And women appreciate HDTV more than they appreciate a Hulk 181. (Right DeeDee?)

An HDTV will get you more chicks than a Hulk 181, thats for sure thumbsup2.gif

How do you know 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure all the guys here with Hulk 181s have women breaking their doors down yeahok.gif

My gf was secretly saving to buy me a Hulk 181, but I kind of beat her to it confused-smiley-013.gif

Put me in the TV camp. HD is great. And women appreciate HDTV more than they appreciate a Hulk 181. (Right DeeDee?)

I'm sure all the guys here with Hulk 181s have women breaking their doors down yeahok.gif

My gf was secretly saving to buy me a Hulk 181, but I kind of beat her to it confused-smiley-013.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I hope it arrives today! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Me too grin.gif

It should arrive today! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ding Dong!

USPS Tracking: Your item arrived at 5:03 AM on April 7, 2007 in PLANO, TX 75023.

Holy early edition Batman! To the mailbox!!!

I'd pick Hulk #181. The way technology changes so fast... better stuff becomes cheaper in the years to come where the price of a HG Hulk #181 would most likely appreciate. If you have a nice TV as it is now... hold out for another year or so and today's technology will be tomorrow's cheap stuff.

Couldn't agree more! thumbsup2.gif

TV technology is moving at the speed of light...they keep getting better and prices keep dropping. A high grade Hulk 181 will just keep getting more expensive...

It should arrive today! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ding Dong!

USPS Tracking: Your item arrived at 5:03 AM on April 7, 2007 in PLANO, TX 75023.

Stupid mailman is late today...usually comes at 1pm CST

Technology changes and TV's wear out. How long would you have the TV compared to how long you will be able to have and enjoy an Incredible Hulk 181? Get the 181.

headbang.gif

It's a value argument. The 181 will go up in value, but the TV has entertainment value the comic does not have. Do you value the investment or the entertainment value? HDTV's last as as long as regular tube TV's. What kind of enjoyment can you get out of a looking at a comic book compared to watching football, BB, and favorite shows in HD year in and year out? If it's for investment purposes, the 181, but even then it's better to invest in other things besides collectibles.

If it comes down to enjoyment, the TV wins for me. If it's investment, then it's going to be something besides comics.

If it comes down to enjoyment, the TV wins for me. If it's investment, then it's going to be something besides comics

But if it's a combination of investment AND entertainment then a Hulk 181 wins hands down thumbsup2.gif

I have both and I'll tell you without hesitation, I can live without the Hulk 181 because it just sits in the closet and if someone stole it tomorrow, I wouldn't know it was gone for a long time. I can't imagine not having the HDTV and watching standard definition tv.

Until you watch television regularly on a HDTV, you just don't know what you're missing out on. I have Dish Network, which doesn't have the CW in HD so I'm forced to watch new episodes of Smallville on standard definition. I get HDNet, which reruns Smallville in HD and words can't possibly explain the difference in detail and color.

I watch a lot of sports on tv and thankfully, nowadays, most sports are broadcast in HD, as is network programming. Trust me, going HD is something you won't regret.

If it comes down to enjoyment, the TV wins for me. If it's investment, then it's going to be something besides comics

But if it's a combination of investment AND entertainment then a Hulk 181 wins hands down thumbsup2.gif

No. TV is never bought for investment so that shouldn't even be factored in. The entertainment it provides, can't be matched by a comic book. If it's just about you and you are that in love with Hulk 181s 27_laughing.gif then by all means get it, but if there is anything else to factor for the purpose such as family/friends/gf then the TV should be no argument. I can invest 500 dollars on a book now, or I can take my girlfriend out a fancy restaurant 5/6 times. Investment vs something that obviously won't pay off except for entertainment ( hope she doesn't read this ) then I'll still pick to take her out bar none.

Thanks. I decided to go with the new and got the mid range 32" HDTV I acclaim.gifcloud9.gif need to get my digital set up done but now I'll have a super nice set. I still have seed money set aside for a low grade FF#1 which is what I tried to get that the NYC show and if I can sell some more books on EBAY I make up what I spent.

Thanks everyone for voting!!! headbang.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

WEBHEAD

On the other hand, my life would be meaningfully worse off without the pleasure of HDTV...

Really????? You find TV that important? Don't get me wrong, I like TV as much as the next guy, but my life would not suffer much if it was gone.

Uh, HELL YEAH! One of my passions in life is soccer, and since I don't live in North London, the only way to see my favorite club (Arsenal) is on TV. If you are a sports fan at all, think about how many games/events you watch on TV vs. attending in person. I am also an investment professional, and watching CNBC is a vital way to keep abreast of the news and to gauge the investment climate. Of course, at any given time I am very caught up in at least a few TV shows (currently: 24, Prison Break and Lost). And of course I watch movies through pay-cable and DVDs on my TV. My TV is an INDISPENSABLE source of news, sports and entertainment.

Meanwhile, any comic I have just sits in a box in my closet and is lucky to get looked at even once a year. The way AnfieldFox describes his adulation for a Hulk #181, you'd think it'd jump out of the box, into your lap and start 893censored-thumb.gif you. GET A GRIP, PEOPLE, IT'S ONLY A COMIC BOOK!!!!!

Next topic of discussion: what other key part of your life would you give up for a Hulk #181? Your car? Your job? Your spouse? Your kids? Your house? Food? Water? Air? tongue.gif

I have the HD TV mounted above the fireplace at home and I love watching Sports on HD especially football because the picture quality is superior to analog. It took me a few years to find a copy of Hulk 181 that I really liked and bought and I have no intention of selling the book. So, buy the HD TV and read the Hulk 181 during commerical breaks.

Can you post a pic (of the TV)? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me mount our TV above the fireplace but she thinks it will look weird. Thanks(thumbs up

[/url] TV001.jpg[/img]

Here ya go...