• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HDTV or a Hulk #181 which would you get it you had the found $$

HDTV OR HULK #181  

282 members have voted

1. 1. HDTV OR HULK #181

70 posts in this topic

I've been selling some nice books smile.gif recently and have enough $found$ grin.gif money for a HDTV cloud9.gif( mid range ) which one would you want if you knew that in a couple o months you might have the $$$ again for that HULK 181 confused.gif.

Right now I'm leaning towards the TV I want to get out of the analong and finally be digital.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WEBHEAD

What's the grade of the 181?

Is the 181 slabbed?

Is the 181 being purchased below, at, or above book?

If it's a high grade, slabbed, below market book, I'd take the 181. If not, then the tv.

I'd pick Hulk #181. The way technology changes so fast... better stuff becomes cheaper in the years to come where the price of a HG Hulk #181 would most likely appreciate. If you have a nice TV as it is now... hold out for another year or so and today's technology will be tomorrow's cheap stuff.

if you are going to have the money again in 3 months time (say) then go for the hulk 181

hulk 181's aren't likely to change downwards in value over a 3 month spell, HDTVs generally do.

I bought my latest one about 6 months ago, and there's been TWO revisions of it, and multiple price drops in that 6 month spell.

just for speculation only.. my goal is to consolidate to 10 key books 5,000 books

I almost had the FF#1 but it came back 1.8 restored, luckly I got my money back

WEBHEAD

I'd pick Hulk #181. The way technology changes so fast... better stuff becomes cheaper in the years to come where the price of a HG Hulk #181 would most likely appreciate. If you have a nice TV as it is now... hold out for another year or so and today's technology will be tomorrow's cheap stuff.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

One last comment.

It's the quality of the viewing CONTENT that matters, not the COSMETIC APPEARANCE of the TV show or movie, so don't get fooled into upgrading your hardware every year. I'm quite happy with my DVD player and old TV (late 1990s), and I am a movie maniac. Your HDTV will only become obsolete and valueless within a couple of years, while the HULK #181 will keep rising in value, especially if they crank out a half decent WOLVERINE movie as rumoured.

Either way, you know what you want most! Enjoy whichever you choose!

I don't agree with the thought that you should stick to older generation tech. because the newer will get cheaper. Hell I'd still be watching tv in the old snoozer boxes with pixels the size of my eye balls if I thought that way. HDTV is amazing, sports movies video games are extremely nice. Hulk 181 is a comic book which you will appreciate alone, buy a HDTV and your family/friends will surely appreciate it too. The decision would be simple for me, IMO.

PS : content is important sure, but cosmetic appearance is needed to divulge in it. I don't enjoy black and white tvs, no matter the content unless there is no way around it, but maybe that's just me.

NO BRAINER for me! I'd go with the Hulk 181! I've bought and sold multiple copies and I love the cover! thumbsup2.gif

I've thought of upgrading to HDTV but everyone tells me that in order to get the full benefit, you have to upgrade everything so I'll end up upgrading my satellite dish, receivers, programming packages, my DVD player, etc. So it ends up being a heck of a lot more expensive. IMHO

I ditto this sound judgement.