• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexington Ky. 4/14/07 with guest Robert Kirkman

10 posts in this topic

Small show that I`ll be at this Saturday in Lexington Ky. with some super $1 boxes and a couple of $3 silver and bronze age boxes ... drop by and say hello -- show info is below .. BigMike sumo.gifsumo.gif

April 14, 2007

Saturday from 10:00 am - 3:30 pm

Four Points Sheraton

1938 stanton way

exit 115 ( Newtown Pike ) on I-75

Lexington KY

Special Event: Robert Kirkman! from noon till 3:00pm

Guests: Jacob Rougemont - writer on the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Marvel Legacy: The 1990s Handbook

Joseph Morris owner and operator of TORC Press

Admission $3.00

Contact by Phone: 615-573-4537 or visit www.comiccitytn.com for more info

Twas fun. I picked up a bunch of bronze Superman readers (+_300) for $.50, some moderns I liked for $1 and got a good deal on some Spider-man issues I needed(252 for $14 cloud9.gif)

I did do something really stupid though that put a damper on the whole day. Never take things at face value and always check the indices tonofbricks.gif

Will see you guys there, well i wouldn't know unmoved if he robbed me, but I know Big Mike.

Kinda hard to miss me sumo.gifsumo.gif

poke2.gifDont forget your Legion wantlists thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the legions Mike, it was fun hanging out with you again. Virginia and I are going to try and make the trip tomorrow. Will see how the weather is as we go.

What happened? I probably passed you 30x. I was wearing the bright yellow east carolina shirt

The guy across the entrance from BigMike had a Strangers In Paradise vol1 #1, which has been on my wantlist for a long time, that was marked on the bag as a 1st print. I bought it for about 1/2 guide and when I got home saw that it was 3rd print. My own damn fault really - I should have checked...

Anyway, other that - good time. I want to say I remember seeing you, but I can't recall for sure. I was wearing a brown jacket and gray hoodie and lexmark hat.

If they do this again, I'll make sure to meet up with everyone for the boards who's there:-)

What happened? I probably passed you 30x. I was wearing the bright yellow east carolina shirt

The guy across the entrance from BigMike had a Strangers In Paradise vol1 #1, which has been on my wantlist for a long time, that was marked on the bag as a 1st print. I bought it for about 1/2 guide and when I got home saw that it was 3rd print. My own damn fault really - I should have checked...

Anyway, other that - good time. I want to say I remember seeing you, but I can't recall for sure. I was wearing a brown jacket and gray hoodie and lexmark hat.

If they do this again, I'll make sure to meet up with everyone for the boards who's there:-)

That sucks! Who was the dealer? There's a big difference in the value of the first to third print there - especially if he had it labeled as the first print.

I wish i could help you out on the guy but I dont think i had seen him before ... confused-smiley-013.gif