• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doom art I've never seen

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone own a Doom page, or even seen of the better pages on sale anywhere from one of the following books ?

Iron Man #150 - Layton/JRjr

Dr Doom & Dr Strange Triumph and Torment - Mike Mignola

these are two of my favorite books and I have been looking for oa from these for ever...never seen anything come up for sale confused-smiley-013.gif

I've been looking for a page from this book as well for over a year and have yet to see any surface for sale.

Search comicartfans.com for "doom mignola" and you'll see some great art from this book. Unfortunately none of it is for sale.

I've been looking for a page from this book as well for over a year and have yet to see any surface for sale.

Search comicartfans.com for "doom mignola" and you'll see some great art from this book. Unfortunately none of it is for sale.

Been looking (occasionally) for over three years and nada confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the link, love this page Mephisto

Doesn't Layton do commissions/recreations for pretty decent prices (cover recreations for $400-ish?). Get him to do the IM #150 cover. He's probably get a kick out of that.

Didn't he do the Xmen recreation for you? That was a pretty cool piece. Or was that Cockrum? crazy.gif

Doesn't Layton do commissions/recreations for pretty decent prices (cover recreations for $400-ish?). Get him to do the IM #150 cover. He's probably get a kick out of that.

Layton has recreated the cover to #150...It was on eBay for months..

im_150_recreation1.jpg

I'd like a published page crazy.gif (obviously not the cover)

Didn't he do the Xmen recreation for you? That was a pretty cool piece. Or was that Cockrum? crazy.gif

Cockrum....yeah, but I bought it on Heritage...

Loved that cover, but again each time I looked at it I thought "wouldn't it be cool to have a published page"...

Can't believe I only paid $155.00 for it 893whatthe.gif

cockrum2.jpg

A few months ago, i saw an interior page of IM #150 for sale on eBay.

I bid on it.

I lost.

Obviously.

Really ? tonofbricks.gif

How did one get past my Ebay seach filters /email reminders makepoint.gif

Any idea what was on the page and the price (+-) it went for 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I bid on it.

I lost.

Obviously.

Really ? tonofbricks.gif

Any idea what was on the page and the price (+-) it went for 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think the final price was in the $800.

It was the page where IM is fighting a dragon (just before entering in the Morgane's dungeon.)

Nothing spectacular. Simply nice.

Doom art, good Doom art is hard to find and when it sells it sells at a premium. Only page I have is this commission

DrDoomOriginal.JPG

I also have a copy of the same page digitally colored.

Cool piece, Pimp Doom Daddy thumbsup2.gif

I bid on it.

I lost.

Obviously.

Really ? tonofbricks.gif

I think the final price was in the $800.

It was the page where IM is fighting a dragon (just before entering in the Morgane's dungeon.)

Nothing spectacular. Simply nice.

So no Doom on the page frown.gif

I remember about two years ago some pages from IM #250 coming up for sale, which also has Doom in it, but I didn't like the art so much

ok, I guess I don't know how to attach pictures to show up...sorry

but I can link the picture by Mike McKone.

Do you guys think his stuff will go up in value in time??

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=255898&GSub=35146

Is Dimitri Patelis worth his commission prices?? $1000 seems like a lot. But some of his stuff is really good. Like his Doom for the Marvel series cards, I want that art, but the guy that has it won't part with it. Just wondering if it would be worth getting a commission from him with either Dr Doom or Thanos....happy collecting...........DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!