• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

European Golden Age Comics - Pictures Added

7 posts in this topic

Not really a Golden Age collector and could use some help makepoint.gif

I have some very nice Golden Age comics that obviously come from Britain and are about 60% of the typical comic size. The issues are Marvel Family #85, Bugs Bunny #1 (Elephant Issue) and Captain Midnight #100. I can't find these issues in Overstreet and I can't even find one similar on e-bay. Are these just the American comic in the European format? Each of these issues have cover prices in pence.

Thanks for any help and I would be happy to post pictures if it will help get some info anout these issues.

MarvelFamily85.jpg

MarvelFamily85Back.jpg

CaptainMidnight100.jpg

CaptainMidnight100Back.jpg

BugsBunny1.jpg

BugsBunny1back.jpg

AceMalloy52.jpg

AceMalloy54Back.jpg

Sorry for bumping this to the top but it would be great to get some input for the experts about these great little books:)

They all state that they were printed in England but that doesn't mean they were not marketed in Austrialia. Do you know how to get ahold of Harley?

The Marvel Family, Captain Midnight, and Bugs Bunny are likley reprints of American comic books.

Your British Marvel Family #85 has the cover of Marvel Family #53 dated Nov 1950

Your British Captain Midnight #100 has the cover of Captain Midnight #50 dated April 1947

Your British Bugs Bunny #1 has the cover of Four Color #327 dated April 1951

As for the Ace Malloy, it was a British monthly comic book created by Mick Anglo (creator of Marvelman)

Here are a couple of Ebay sales for them:

Ace Malloy #63 Ebay Sale - Sold for $6.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ace-Malloy-63-Britis...4QQcmdZViewItem

Ace Malloy #52 Ebay Sale - Sold for 5.50 British Pounds

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=120059963812

Darren Smith

I got some info from Harley - so thanks for the responses.

I may put a few of these up for sale this weekend so let me know if you want me to reserve you a copy of your favorite. They will be priced at $15 and we will go from there. Thanks again!!