• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: EBAY SELLERS...CANT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!?!?!

43 posts in this topic

I bought three marvel 70s romance comics on ebay. Everytime i do this from sellers i dont buy from on the regular...i ask them to pack the comics between two pieces on heavy cardboard for shiping. having bought for years off ebay and seen how seller pack some comics i figure its a good way to head off a problem. I got the three comics yesterday....the priority mail envelope he sent it in...with no heavy cardboard in it...was folded in half and jammed in my mailbox where it sat all day. That is a comic fans worst nightmare!!!! SO....do i find the guys address....make my way to his home and take my bitter revenge? neg him? then take negs back? the sad part is....i dont want to return the books because i could not find these comics for years!!!! Sellers who dont follow simple intructions sould be hung!!!! sign-rantpost.gif

they were following your instructions? Did you read their shipping terms or anything ? Just wondering if they had some suggestions on how they would ship to you already listed in their auction. AND talk to your postman too. What's with all the Foldy-Foldy going on? AND if you buy VG or less books you don't have the problems 'cause it's hard to hurt them anyways...

they were following your instructions? Did you read their shipping terms or anything ? Just wondering if they had some suggestions on how they would ship to you already listed in their auction. AND talk to your postman too. What's with all the Foldy-Foldy going on? AND if you buy VG or less books you don't have the problems 'cause it's hard to hurt them anyways...

I gotta agree with the Dr. here. When you bid on someone's auction, you can ask for special favors...but you are not guaranteed anything from them other than what is stated in the auction. I frequently get instructions from buyers on how they want me to ship...however my method of shipping is quite superior to most anything I've been asked. Of course there's always one....had a guy win an auction who proceeded to instruct me on how to ship one book...It was highly detailed with many layers of boarding(including measured sizes of the different boards). Since I ship in a dedicated comic box, his whole rant was a waste of time. I sent it off as usual and he was happy.

Either be more aware of the seller's shipping or talk to your Postman. thumbsup2.gif

You still have my sympathies on the damage to your books. flowerred.gif

I gotta agree with the Dr. here. When you bid on someone's auction, you can ask for special favors...but you are not guaranteed anything from them other than what is stated in the auction. I frequently get instructions from buyers on how they want me to ship...however my method of shipping is quite superior to most anything I've been asked. Of course there's always one....had a guy win an auction who proceeded to instruct me on how to ship one book...It was highly detailed with many layers of boarding(including measured sizes of the different boards). Since I ship in a dedicated comic box, his whole rant was a waste of time. I sent it off as usual and he was happy.

Either be more aware of the seller's shipping or talk to your Postman. thumbsup2.gif

You still have my sympathies on the damage to your books. flowerred.gif

I agree

It drives me nuts when people email me to tell me how to pack stuff step by step. 2000 feedback with 99+% satisfaction, yet they feel inclined to give me a shipping lesson. I will usually email them back and say I can ship them bullet proof my way or they can send me an extra $5 and I'll do it their way. Don't get a whole lot of return emails confused-smiley-013.gif

I actually send instructions all the time and it saves me a whole lot of grief. Most sellers have very few problems and will tell you that. The problem is that it only takes one time for your books to be damaged to make it an issue. Most sellers are responsive and i do pay extra if they ask. I've had raw NM+ SA issues show up bent in half and since I've started asking I've never had a problem.

Read the sellers shipping terms? most sellers leave out that they don't know how to ship. that they will send you the comic in a flimsy envelope....with no support with just the comic inside to get mangled. don't get me wrong some sellers know how to ship and don't need instructions. any books I have bought on these boards were shipped great. but some could care less if you get the item in one piece. the comics I bought were not vg copies. two were listed at fine and one was very fine. I would like to see what you say about folding a vg books not affecting it..if you bought a high price comics in vg and you found it folded and stuffed into your mailbox. you might not have that same outlook then.

Push for a partial refund.

Soon as you paid for them, you owned them. Forget all this other garbage these guys are trying to tell you.

The guy in wholesale fashion ignored your instructions regarding packaging YOUR BOOKS. In fact, he assured neglible delivery with his packaging..or lack of it.

The guy essentially screwed you, through ignoring basic instructions, and applying essential care in packaging the books. Give the guy what he needs...a wake up call.

Soon as you paid for them, you owned them. Forget all this other garbage these guys are trying to tell you.

The guy in wholesale fashion ignored your instructions regarding packaging YOUR BOOKS. In fact, he assured neglible delivery with his packaging..or lack of it.

The guy essentially screwed you, through ignoring basic instructions, and applying essential care in packaging the books. Give the guy what he needs...a wake up call.

Garbage!! 27_laughing.gif

If the seller stated that shipping was something other than how they actually shipped or seller agreed via email with the shipping instructions....then you've right. However, I haven't seen that stated in this thread yet.

But if a buyer pays for an item and then asks for special shipping instructions...he's placing himself precariously on a limb with no net.

Garbage!! 27_laughing.gif

If the seller stated that shipping was something other than how they actually shipped or seller agreed via email with the shipping instructions....then you've right. However, I haven't seen that stated in this thread yet.

But if a buyer pays for an item and then asks for special shipping instructions...he's placing himself precariously on a limb with no net.

Assuming he hasn't given instructions after paying, but instead filled in the little 'intructions' box when he made payment. Affectively the seller is ignoring him if he doesn't in the very least, respond.

Ebay have put it there for a reason. And one of the corner stones of this all is communication... he chose to ignore, damage incurred, recourse is sort.

Thats it, and I'm sure ebay would support this.

You actually believe this bilge don't you?

You actually believe this bilge don't you?

yeahok.gif do enlighten me with your version of 'you've paid for the goods, now the seller's entitled to effectively trash them'.

Assuming he hasn't given instructions after paying, but instead filled in the little 'intructions' box when he made payment. Affectively the seller is ignoring him if he doesn't in the very least, respond.

Ebay have put it there for a reason. And one of the corner stones of this all is communication... he chose to ignore, damage incurred, recourse is sort.

Thats it, and I'm sure ebay would support this.

I'm not beating down on BAFs purchase....but you've got to ask your questions prior to making a bid and/or sending payment. Sending a request with the paypal payment really is too late. Yes a good seller would respond in at least some manner....but he still doesn't have to change his auction terms at that point.

Shipping without bags, boards, or sufficient support is bad, wrong, and not a good comic business practice....so a refund or neg could be in order...but BAF's original post included a complaint that the seller didn't follow HIS shipping instructions. I'm saying that you've got to be on the same page prior to placing a bid is all.

While overly detailed shipping instructions from a buyer may be a bit much, I see nothing wrong with asking a seller to ship a book with cardboard support or in a box. I certainly do it when the seller doesn't normally sell comics.

The idea that a seller has no obligation to ship an item in a fashion that severely limits the chance of damage from routine handling is crazy. If a seller just slaps postage and a shipping label on the cover and sends the comic old school subscription style - would that be okay? That's still the accepted way to mail new periodicals, so who would complain about getting used ones that way?