• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

Tom Clancy co-wrote a techno-thriller in 1986 with Larry Bond. The novel eventually lent its name to a game development company which Clancy co-founded in 1997. That game development company released a game on Halloween 1998. The name of that game was also used for a multi-part comic story-arc in 2003.

Take the number of the issue which began that story arc. That is your street address.

Take the day of my birthday. That is the avenue you need to be on.

Take the city in which Storm of the X-Men was born.

If you combine these three clues, you will have the address of a well-known "gentlemen's" entertainment business.

The first one to post the correct business in this thread wins. Good luck!

Marvel Entertainment inc?

We have a winner!

Tom Clancy and Larry Bond co-wrote Red Storm Rising. Red Storm Entertainment was the game development company which took its name from that novel and published the game Dominant Species on 10/31/1998. The "Dominant Species" storyline began in January 2003 in Uncanny X-Men 417. I was born on December 5. Storm, Ororo Munroe, was born in New York City.

417 5th Avenue, New York is the address of Marvel Entertainment.

I used the term "gentlemen" because there are some female comic fans too and because many of the male fans don't qualify as gentlemen.

Congrats, Hellblazer. PM me your mailing address and tell us all if that is how you found the answer or if you figured out a different path :popcorn: