• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*POLL*would you trade DD 168 CGC NM 9.4 for X-Men ANN 1&2 CGC NM- 9.2?

WOULD YOU TRADE A DD 168 CGC NM 9.4 OW/W for a X-MEN ANN 1 & 2 CGC NM- 9.2 OW/W & OW  

150 members have voted

1. 1. WOULD YOU TRADE A DD 168 CGC NM 9.4 OW/W for a X-MEN ANN 1 & 2 CGC NM- 9.2 OW/W & OW

21 posts in this topic

nope! Wouldn't let a better grade important 1st app. go for 2 reprint books.

I disagree with bones. There are many copies of DD 168 out there. The book is only from 1980. The annuals go back another 10 years or so --- plus the king sized books are harder to find in high grade --- plus you're getting two of them!

Actually the stats speak for themselves.

DD 168 - total CGC'd - 578. Total in 9.2 or higher - 276

X-men annual 1 - total CGC'd 73. Total in 9.2 or higher - 35

X-men annual 2 - total CGC'd 23. Total in 9.2 or higher - 11.

Do the deal, man, you'll find another DD 168!!

It makes more sense to keep the annuals IMO. Both are squarebounds, which makes them tough in HG. And the DD 168 is a modern with some pretty high census numbers, not to mention hoarding #'s. It may feature a first appearance of Electra, but once all the talk of her dies down.. she'll become another Lady Rawhide tongue.gif

Brian

Do you have a preference one way or the other. I hear all except x-men annual 2 were printed in high number. I bought my x-men annual 1 from MHC back in the 80'd and got cgc 9.4 ow/w from it. I hear there is an overstock of those. Of course, I also hear from dealers such as RJ that you cant give many non-key or low grade DD's away from higher numbers? Id go with which ones are your pleasure or if its investment, the x-men. They seem to always be in demand and to command a higher return per issue than DD in high grade.