• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Archives v1 $20!

11 posts in this topic

Was at the local comic book store and saw that they had the Batman Archives v1 for $20!! At that price, I would recommend that everyone take a look!

Best,

DAM

I saw it too and bought one. I haven't opened it yet, but it covers Detective comics #27-50. Can't wait to read it... grin.gif

It's in color. DC has, for a limited time, lowered the price on the Batman Archives Vol. 1. It is exactly the same version as the previous editions (but with the lower price sticker).

They hope that this will be an excellent incentive start for the Archives program.

They are also releasing a World's Best Archive Sampler in October... the sampler has stories from early issues of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Plastic Man. Cost US$1 (probably CAN$1.65 with DC's insane exchange rate).

Kev

I went into my Comic book store yesterday and was looking at all of the DC archives. Picked up Batman Archive 1 £14.99. Thought i could get some more reading material, i pick up the only other one i would be interested in Superman: The Action Comics Archive 1....£37.99!!!

I immediately put the Action one down and paid for my Batman one.

I love issue #28

That would be the standard price for the DC archives. The lower price on the Batman 1 is to encourage people to take a look and not likely to happen on any of the other Archive titles.

In all honesty, the quality of the books makes them worth every penny. Making each Archive is an expensive undertaking - as they can't go back and shoot from original artwork they must obtain original copies of the comics and then carefully reproduce each page. These aren't anywhere as easy or cheap to make as your standard DC hardcover or trade paperback.

Kev

The way I understand it they bleach the color out of an original comic. Leaving only the black outlines. So the comic is litterly near destroyed. I don't know how true this is, just something I read or heard once. Anyone know the true process, the details?