• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

here we go again...ASM #129 cgc 9.6!

82 posts in this topic

i would say $1500 reserve.....and the final price will be in the $1900-2100 mark. This is a nicer copy than the last one that was on ebay...his hulk 181 in 9.6 is not pretty but should fetch a nice price.

The Hulk 181 is horribly miswrapped, but the color strike is amazing.

I can't think of a worse time to buy an asm 129. I'm in the camp that says this book is going straight down after the movie. I like the book long term though.

I can't think of a worse time to buy an asm 129. I'm in the camp that says this book is going straight down after the movie. I like the book long term though.

I totally agree.

What really sucks is that I still need a copy for my ASM 100-350 run.

I think I'll pick one up for half what they sell for now a few weeks after "The Punishment Begins...".

Long term however...This book has legs.

Timing can't be too bad, I flipped the one I bought last week for $2100, paid $1886, which I think was a pretty good price!

Personally, Not going to far into an argument, but all this HG modern stuff is MAD! The pricing will nort hold for long. But if I HAD to buy either a $2000 AS 129 in 9.6 or a $4000 Hulk 181 in 9.6, I'd go with the 129!

Not sure which role John Travolta has in the Punisher, but he always makes a wicked villian. Perhaps the movie won't be worse than DD? crazy.gif

can a movie be worse than DD?

GMAN!! What a short memory you have. DD was bad, but not nearly as bad as many of Marvel's earlier attempts. Have you forgotten Punisher (Dolph Lundgren), Captain America, Howard the Duck, or the unreleased Fantastic Four.

The currently in production Punisher movie is a lower budget movie compared to the recent Marvel movies. The focus will mainly be on practical stunts and effects, mostly stuff being blowed up real good, and lots of guns. Since Travolta doesn't play the lead, I assume he won't have a large role as the villain.

well i was referring to current marvel movies and not those dregs but DD was brutal IMO. I even liked Blade II more than DD.

Blade 1 was better than 2, DD was a decent movie and very faithful to the comic..which is what we all right right? movies that are just like the comics? I doubt you'll like The Hulk,movie was great cause it gets inside Bruce Banner's head and how he copes with turning into this monster,while he can't beleive that his own father experimented on him when he was a baby.The CGI Hulk rocked! and he looked perfect! Can't wait for it on DVD. Kevin

i have yet to see the hulk but have no plans on buyin it or DD....i agree that Blade I was better than II...

faithful to the comic? Did DD sleep in a fish tank? Was the Kingpin black? Maybe I missed something having read DD from isue #100-233 over the years...

faithful to the comic? Did DD sleep in a fish tank? Was the Kingpin black? Maybe I missed something having read DD from isue #100-233 over the years...

Just because the Kingpin is black doesn't mean the movie sucked,Michael Duncan Clarke was the only one big enough to be a Kingpin...I don't know what was goin on with the water coffin,but everything else was alright...your just being close minded

Incredibly faithful to the comic, particularly the Miller version of Daredevil. I believe he did sleep in a tank like that for a few issues during the Miller run, and it's a very good idea to add that as a part of his normal life given the hypersensitivity of his hearing.

I haven't really heard a fan of the Miller Daredevils say they didn't like the film yet.