• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage buyers premium

25 posts in this topic

May be a little late for this, but as I plan my Heritage snipes I just noticed they're computing their juice at 20% instead of the stated 15%. I would think they'd honor the 15%, so the price they're listing as the total with B.P. is actually too high.

A few extra dollars for bidding...

Interesting - when I looked at the totals of the books I won the B.P. was back down to 15%. The (not so) Amazing comics auction B.P. is also being computed correctly. Wonder how many bidders were put off sniping during the lightning auction with the incorrect 20% juice total computed by Heritage during the auction.

I certainly scarfed up plenty of the big 3 as a kid - Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and then Booberry - may have had a run in with Fruit Brute too. Never quite made it to Yummy Mummy...

Interesting - when I looked at the totals of the books I won the B.P. was back down to 15%. The (not so) Amazing comics auction B.P. is also being computed correctly. Wonder how many bidders were put off sniping during the lightning auction with the incorrect 20% juice total computed by Heritage during the auction.

I certainly scarfed up plenty of the big 3 as a kid - Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and then Booberry - may have had a run in with Fruit Brute too. Never quite made it to Yummy Mummy...

I thought there was 3, but now I can't think of the 3rd...maybe the artificial coloring caused a hallucination?

Fruit Brute -to- Fruity Yummy Mummy -to- ? (something new in the last 5 years?)

1971 -72 chocula & frankenberry hit the scene

1973-74 boo-berry

1975 fruit brute popped up

1980 fruit brute vanished

1986 fruitty yummy mummy came up & went out in 1989 or so

its just been the 1st 3 since

frown.gif

Gimme Quisp and Quake anyday.... wink.gif

1973-74 boo-berry

frown.gif

Thanks... I thought for sure there was a 3rd...but you seem to have your horror cereal down!

1973-74 boo-berry

frown.gif

Thanks... I thought for sure there was a 3rd...but you seem to have your horror cereal down!

Whoah...I thread hijacking and I'm not involved? confused-smiley-013.gif

1973-74 boo-berry

frown.gif

ahhh.. Quisp, King Vitamin..... mmmmm

Didn't Cap'n Cruch used to be just the lame squares... then Crunch Berries became a new seperate cereal (all cruch berries)... then they combined? or are my childhood cereal memories skewed?

1973-74 boo-berry

frown.gif

Didn't Cap'n Cruch used to be just the lame squares... then Crunch Berries became a new seperate cereal (all cruch berries)... then they combined? or are my childhood cereal memories skewed?

NEVER BESMIRCH THE GOOD NAME OF THE CRUNCH, KNAVE! The squares are NOT lame! Avast, me hearties! Gather 'round and I'll tell ye a tale of terror on the high seas... back-bristling trepidity in the tumultuous briny deep! And how one man saved 47 souls before they checked into Davy Jones' locker... aye, one mighty sailin' man... one swarthy, mustachioed, cherry-cheeked old salt saved us all... and his name was The Cap'n.

Well, I'm all out of time for tonight kids! See you tomorrow!

1973-74 boo-berry

frown.gif

For a while there, they had ET Cereal that was little Es and Ts that were flavored like peanut butter and chocolate. It was GREAT!

try Resee's cereal?

Remember when everything was a "Sugar" prefix?

Sugar Corn Pops

Sugar Frosted Flakes

Super Sugar Crisp?... with "Sugar Bear" (now Honey Crisp I think?)

Trivia:

1. What is the history of the Cocoa Crispies characters?

2. What is the history of the Corn Pops characters?

3. What's the coolest Free Prize in a box of cereal (that you of course forced you hand in all the way down to get... swelling the box and spilling 1/3 of the cereal on the table)?

>my vote was for the "multi criss-cross grabber scissors" in Fruity Pebbles.

you could reach over a foot with it and grab stuff.

1. ok, cocoa krispies went from a pink elelphant to a hanna barbara character (snagglepuss i think) to ogg the caveman to tusk tusk the elephant to snap, crackle & pop to the cocoa monkey they have now.

2. corn pops i am not as sure on, it was a cowboy in yellow, then it was a stupid turtle for awhile, and then poppy the porcupine in late 70's early 80's

3. may have been the freakies balloon boats, or the fruit brute bike plane spinner, or the monster cereal secret compartment rings, or the frankenberry flicker rings, or the quisp unicycle racer...oh TOO many!!!!!!!!

1. ok, cocoa krispies went from a pink elelphant to a hanna barbara character (snagglepuss i think) to ogg the caveman to tusk tusk the elephant to snap, crackle & pop to the cocoa monkey they have now.

2. corn pops i am not as sure on, it was a cowboy in yellow, then it was a stupid turtle for awhile, and then poppy the porcupine in late 70's early 80's

3. may have been the freakies balloon boats, or the fruit brute bike plane spinner, or the monster cereal secret compartment rings, or the frankenberry flicker rings, or the quisp unicycle racer...oh TOO many!!!!!!!!

Excellent!! More than I remember. Admit it! you still eat this stuff for breakfast every bloody morning..don't you? or you shop for the household 27_laughing.gif

I think the cowboy was "Big Yella'"

I also thought "snap, crackle & pop" were the obvious choice, but half-expected to see them with a deep tan. I liked the chocolate elephant the best

I remember some baking soda boat too.