• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My rant against gamers

69 posts in this topic

I think you're really ranting against your old LCS (more reasonable, anyway) and happy you found a new LCS more like yourself.

Aren't we all looking for a LCS that reflects our sensibilities?

well its them too. Both were pretty annoying. But the fact they read comics books and ate pizza at the same time really turned me off.

Comics are for reading

let me rephrase that then. Eating pizza while also handling MY comics.

893censored-thumb.gif Thats a no-no

Do you play Chess?

Consider these games as a much larger and more challenging chess game.

Larger yes, more creative and varied (in a way) yes. More challenging? You have got to be kidding. More books have been written on chess than any other subject in English except religion. It's way unreal heavy deep man!

I remember playing Telstar Table Tennis about 30 years ago. It was top of the line back in it's day. You each had a knob that moved the paddle from the top of the tv to the bottom, with a net in the middle. It even had 3 speeds.

I can see why so many people make fun of them. I think they honestly define the defintion of a nerd.

(JC has returned!)

As opposed to, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif, comic book collectors?

Can anyone explain to me the fun in all of this?

Can you explain to me the fun in playing Ultima Online? confused-smiley-013.gif

I just don't have the patience for any game that requires elaborate set-ups. But I do like TCGs.

Can you explain to me the fun in playing Ultima Online?[/b]

in all honesty not to much anymore. But i had a whole lot of fun pking people just to steal there stuff and watch them get mad.......man come to think of it ..i am a .

Do you play Chess?

Consider these games as a much larger and more challenging chess game.

Larger yes, more creative and varied (in a way) yes. More challenging? You have got to be kidding. More books have been written on chess than any other subject in English except religion. It's way unreal heavy deep man!

Ok you took my more challenging the wrong way. I love chess and play all the time. Took me 18 years to finally beat my Dad.

What I should of said was maybe more things to learn and grasp. For example my kids play warhammer and you need to know for all the different figures their strength and weaknesses and how they move and what damage they can do. You need to figure out the right team to put together to take on this other special mob.

They both require much strategy, chess is just on a smaller board and one wrong move can end your game where as one wrong move in warhammer you only lose a archer or something.

Well I tried to explain what I meant but it still didn't read the way I wanted to say it.. Hopefully you get what I mean.

For example my kids play warhammer

As a 3-time Warhammer Grand Tournament Overall Winner, and 4-time Player's Choice winner, OrangeNemesis, you can kiss my *spoon*. insane.gif

you're going to say that buying and reading comic books, then sealing them in plastic cases, and spending hours alone at a keyboard bragging on the internet at how MINT and RARE your comics are is somehow cool? But spending time with other human beings playing social, interactive games over food and beer is for nerds?

YOU, sir, are the nerd who needs to get out of our miniature wargaming stores!

sumo.gif

My only relevant(?) thing to say in this thread is that it's mind boggingly hypocritical to criticize one geek hobby (gaming) and get all elitist about it and then embrace another geek hobby (comics)

Jeffro pulls out his wand of polymorph and turns OrangeNemesis into a toad.

tongue.gif

im not getting elitist at all. I even pointed out the irony of my rant. There is just something about those card games that really tick me off. Maybe its because in high school thats what all the comic kids did (play magic) and i was the one comic kid who just wanted to skateboard and surf. So i could never relate. I dunnno....

/uses cloak of invisibility to avoid spell crazy.gif

and Richnerd, you need to get a lesson in how to play Warhammer- your description sucks! One wrong move can indeed cost yoou the game, and offten does. Chess is indeed harder- but Warhammer is more fun.

Damn, like I said my kids play it, I just play with them here and there not a hardcore player. I'm sure the way we play is no where the way you play. But we do have a ball when we play. And once again I do it as bonding time with my boys. PRICELESS!!

Also like I said in my statement after reading what I wrote it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I'm not the one slamming the gammers here so go after the right target or you might lose your 1000 Points Empire Army. poke2.gif

You can't do that. I already activated my wand. Activating that cloak is a full turn action. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

But he can pop his trinket that breaks the polymoph! headbang.gif

You can't do that. I already activated my wand. Activating that cloak is a full turn action. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

But he can pop his trinket that breaks the polymoph! headbang.gif

What he does in the privacy of his own home with his trinket 893whatthe.gif is his problem. I don't wanna know.

wink.gif