• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK...What did you win on Heritage?

72 posts in this topic

I won Fantastic Four 18 and 39 in VF+ 8.5 ... you guys can have all the 9.4's.. just sell me your moderately priced 8.5-9.2's 893applaud-thumb.gif

I whole-heartedly agree...I find the best bargains in these grade ranges... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've been out of the loop, what did this auction have to do with the Chicago con? Nothing?

Brian

Got me... maybe more that it was starting or ending in conjunction with a major comic happening? They want to have original names for the auctions for tracking/identity purposes I'd imagine... makes them sound unique and important as well... i guess.

???? He's a cross-dresser?? confused.gif

Don't ask me. I didn't post that initially. I guess you have more vested interest in this question so I'll back off! tongue.gif

yes, he even dresses as a woman at conventions sometimes. I am not making it up, go to his website (i think its jeffjones.com) he talks about it openly!
Is that why Louise left him? confused-smiley-013.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won Fantastic Four 18 and 39 in VF+ 8.5 ... you guys can have all the 9.4's.. just sell me your moderately priced 8.5-9.2's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I whole-heartedly agree...I find the best bargains in these grade ranges...

I third that.

Of course, I would also like to win some NM at some VF/NM prices. That would be cool too.

And I just got my confirmation also.

Brian,

this had to do with the Chicago Con because you could view these books there (i.e. they brought them to Chicago).

Lot # Amount Description

==== ========= ================

387 56 The Defenders #35 30 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC VF+ 8.5 Off-white to white pages.

388 51 The Defenders #36 30 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white to white pages.

389 76 The Defenders #48 & #50 35 Cent Price Variants (Marvel, 1977)....

618 76 Howard the Duck #13 35 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1977) Condition: VG+.

643 62 The Incredible Hulk #201 30 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white to white pages.

646 76 The Invaders #19 35 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1977) Condition: VG/FN.

712 77 Ka-Zar #17 30 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white to white pages.

733 76 Marvel Adventure #5 30 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC VF- 7.5 Off-white pages to white pages.

747 105 Marvel Premiere #29 30 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white pages.

759 76 Marvel Team-Up #61 35 Cent Price Variant (Marvel, 1977) Condition: FN-.

=========

SubTotal: 731.00

15% Buyer Premium: 109.65

P&H: *16.00

============

Amount Due: 856.65

Prices were low overall on this auction. Too much money already spent on the summer cons? I got an Avengers 10 in 9.4 for $530 including the BP as well as an X-Men 55 in 9.4 for $250ish and JLA 1 for $1850 or so. The JLA guides for around $2600, I didn't think I had a prayer at what I bid since it was a very low bid but either guide on that book is way off or this just went under the radar.

I won the following:

Fantastic Four #84 (Marvel, 1969) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white pages. $47 (after BP) (guides for $50 in NM)

ff84.jpg

Strange Tales #97 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VF- 7.5 Off-white pages. $207 (guides for $280 in VF, and has the first ever appearances of Uncle Ben and Aunt May)

st97.jpg

Unexpected #106 (DC, 1968) CGC NM- 9.2 Off-white pages. $30 (guides for $38 in NM) unex106.jpg

acclaim.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcool.gif

I really wanted THIS ...but alas...I didn't get to it in time... 893frustrated.gif

It says the book is still available. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sigh...Rick has to go to remedial reading classes! insane.gif

Well.... I still haven't received a confirmation email from Heritage, but judging by the closing bids, it does look I won an X-men 100 30 cent variant and the group of 4 Ms. Marvel 35 cent variants. party-smiley-027.gif

Bids were low. A lot of CGC bronze age stuff seemed to go for the price of slabbing or lower (look at the $7 they are trying to get for the slabbed Rimas...)

ooo.gif

Damn, I didnt get anything this time due to my overspending on my house move. But even with that debt looming over my head, I was tempted by THIS shocked.gif

That is a beautiful copy, and I know it's been discussed already on this board, but in my opinion that was a steal. And once the fad of CGC dies down a little, anyone will see that this was the biggest bargain on Heritage this year! OMHO

I really wanted THIS ...but alas...I didn't get to it in time... 893frustrated.gif

It says the book is still available. confused-smiley-013.gif

???What the....was there a reserve on this book???...at that price I will wait for a "raw" HG copy... confused-smiley-013.gif

I was bidding on a lot but only won 3:

Lot # Amount Description

===== ========= ================

997 31 Superboy #184 (DC, 1972) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white pages.

1004 35 Supergirl #8 (DC, 1973) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages.

1017 410 Superman #42 Rockford pedigree (DC, 1946) CGC VF+ 8.5 Cream to off-white pages.

=========

SubTotal: 476.00

15% Buyer Premium: 73.50

P&H: *11.20

============

Amount Due: 560.70

(Hey, I spent less than Darth!)

I thought I got a very good price (even with the juice) on the Superboy #184 and a fairly decent price on the Supergirl in 9.6. There were a bunch of Supergirls up and I had bid on all of them, but this was the only one I got. I was bidding very conservately on them, so it was kind of a shock I even got this one.

I also thought the price on the Superman #42 ($471.50, with juice) was pretty good, at 8.5 I would guess the guide price to be about $660, so that's nearly $200 off. Plus it's a Rockford. But that's not why I bought it. Maybe it didn't get bid up because the white cover shows a bit of browning around the edges. But the thing is nearly 60 years old and it still looks pretty good to me. And the grade is darn good. I also bid pretty conservatively on all the Supermans that were up there and was pretty suprised I got this one.

The Superboy and Superman didn't even reach my max bid! So it did seem like the prices are a bit soft. Is everyone tapped out from the big conventions already?

I noticed this in the BIN section:

Action Comics #334 (DC, 1966) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white to white pages.

Didn't meet reserve and has a BIN of $460.00. Yes, I know it's an 80pg Giant, but $460!! Greggy, were you bidding on this? What do you think of the BIN price?

Hey all -

Like Brian, I took a look at some of those "COW" books (something I usually don't buy)...they were beautiful! I got the Thor #160, #162, and #165 with that page quality, but from the scans they all presented 9.5, if ya know what I mean.

I also got a couple Captain Marvels (#10 in 9.6, #13 in 9.6) for pretty cheap. I like those covers.

I also put in a pretty decent bid on that Avengers #9...yet the price kept going up. I didn't expect it to go that high even though it's a tough book.

Dan