• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantazia -keys ad 1991

176 posts in this topic

Since people mentioned the famous pic with all the great books, here it is, from the front half of the 1987 Overstreet price guide:

fantazia.jpg

Nice books! Interestingly, in the back half of the 1987 Overstreet price guide, you have this: shocked.gif

fantazia2.jpg

You know, looking at this picture again from my memory of those days long ago, Im struck by a deep realization. Look at the picture. Look at all those awesome books. Lets assume even that many of them were butchered, trimmed, glossed and painted pretty.... but think too that they were amassed by one guy...This was ONE GUY's store inventory at one time!! And even IF they were already "restored" at the time this picture was taken, he had most likely still BOUGHT them unrestored!

That is an amazing accomplishment. Even Geppi has never owned a wallfull of so many copies of the top books at one time!

If only that guy were still around...somewhere...to accept our praise and awe at this Holy Grail-like assemblage of Comic Book Nirvana.....

If only he were still active in the industry to share with us just what it felt like to stand next to that wall of AWE with the satisfaction that they were "ALL MINE!!!"

I for one would love to hear the story of how each one was bagged and tagged...wouldnt all of you? Do any of you have one tenth the collection in this one picture from the past? I thought not. What a pity that we will never know how it felt to be - - -The Man!!! to possess the greatest wall of books EVER!

How do you know that he still doesn't have the greater majority of them? Perhaps not all were restored as well. Then again, if still around, and this photo was taken in 1987, why do you assume that by now, he doesn't have double or triple what is seen here? The confines of one's mind can be extremely limiting!

Plus, this looks like a finite size wall. What about other keys? Silver age? Runs? Perhaps this was only the part of the iceberg above water that you could see due to space consideration in assembling a picture. Maybe by now, he owns the entire glacier!

Maybe the joke is that by accessing the web page, your PC contracted an MTX virus or kak-worm. I'd check my files inventories (a long arduous task, unfortunately). I once picked up something similar to what may have happened here, and wound up not even being able to reboot with the PCs systems restoration discs!!!!! Nasty medicine!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifgoodevil.gif

If he had lots and lots more...it must have been a tremendous source of pride to him..just coming to work. I heard the store was tiny, so how could he have fit much more in there?? You must have dealt with him at some point? he nust have been on cloud nine every day knowing he had the BEST of the best...and the most of the best too........

and youre wrong.... Im sure he got rid of them long ago.

Your bravado and megalomaniacal nature betray you. Since you're not him, and don't know him - why would you care, or even be interested if he owns the whole "glacier"?

While it is somewhat comical to watch you do your little dance - it is mostly sad.

The cat is out of the bag - yet you keep coming back for more beatings - a classic case of low-self esteem and a true need for attention.

Honestly, you might want to see a psychologist or something and come to terms with some serious issues...and perhaps get a dog. smirk.gif

I don't know him but how you make these statements off the top of your head like, "You're wrong...he got rid of these a long time ago". You think that's true of Dave Anderson as well? Do you think he "got rid of" all his Mile-Highs (most of which he's owned since the 80s), "a long time ago".

How do you profess to know these things that nobody but the guy that owned/owns the books in that picture can know?

I have all the Marvel Comics/Mysterys 1-92 and even some of the Atlas continuation issues. I've had them for over 20 years, including two copies of Marvel 1 (an Oct. and a Nov.....by chance, not because I wanted one of each as variants), and multiples on some of the other numbers: 5, 7, 9, 17, 21, 22, 30, etc. that I upgraded later on but never sold off the upgraded copies of.

Are you going to tell me... "Nah..you must have gotten rid of them years ago"?

How you Forum elite imagine that you know what side of the bed people get up on, what they had for breakfast, and what their every thought at any moment is with precise certainty is ridiculous.

If you all have the power of precognition, ESP, and crystal balls that let you see the past, present and future (and into people's homes), why not hit the flats once or twice a week and pick up a cool million every time?? After all, if you all know everything about everyone, and just saying something makes it true, the lot of you should run down to the Kentucky Derby, pool your resources, chant "seabiscuit", and pick up the cash after the race. I'm sure that will work as a truth forecaster just as well as it works here. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I wasn't talking about me, as I hadn't posted in this thread.

But you are obviously getting beaten on by many respected forumites with little more than insults and hyperbole in your defense and I thought it was sad.

"The most mentally challenged member on the board"?? Not likely, I'm met some of these knuckleheads smile.gif

You say that as if you know me.

Nice try, but this post is about you - not Bug and I.

Why would I "give a 893censored-thumb.gif "? "Why would I answer if I'm not he?"...

That's a fairly easy one Ube. I was addressed? If I'm addressed, I answer. If I'm not, I usually shut the 893censored-thumb.gif up, unless folks want to poke sticks in my cage, in which case I won't shut the 893censored-thumb.gif up.

Now let me ask you one, Ube? Why do you feel it necessary to interject your brand of 893censored-thumb.gif into the fray? Do you feel that 20 to one odds aren't enough in your favor?

Stick to the political arena, Ube. It's very entertaining seeing your brain being gored and gutted by the Bug with each struggling sentence you post!

Why, I'm very surprised that you asked me how I know things about you. The answer is quite evident. I'm a Forumite, and all Forumites, even me, have the power of omnipotence. Once you become a Forumite, the entire unseen world of the sixth sense opens its vast portals to us and we're imbued with God-like mental function.

I know everything about every Forum member just as every Forum member knows everything about me. From the whereabouts of things you lost years ago to what you dreamed on any given night in your life.

I thought this post was about Fantazia?? I'm Fantazia?? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif . Oooops!! I forgot, you have mental pictures of me behind a register, ringing up Superman 1s!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It's just you and me right now, Mr. Muscles.

I interjected because I thought we needed some levity, to be honest.

I have no omnipotence whatsoever, I don't know if everything is true and i don't care.

Surely you see why everyone thinks you are who you say you are not, right?

The very meter, tone, sentence structure you use is identical to Hammer's.....

You're very sensitive to someone that hasn't even said anything bad about your "business practices".

I have all the Marvel Comics/Mysterys 1-92 and even some of the Atlas continuation issues. I've had them for over 20 years, including two copies of Marvel 1 (an Oct. and a Nov.....by chance, not because I wanted one of each as variants), and multiples on some of the other numbers: 5, 7, 9, 17, 21, 22, 30, etc. that I upgraded later on but never sold off the upgraded copies of.

Are you going to tell me... "Nah..you must have gotten rid of them years ago"?

I will eat a pair of Khaos' unwashed boxers in exchange for a picture of the two Marvel 1's together... Just set them out on a table with a piece of paper saying "This is for lighthouse" and take a picture... Done deal...

You said nothing derrogatory??? :who the 893censored-thumb.gif do you think you're kidding here? Are these your quotes?:

Your bravado and megalomaniacal nature betray you....

While it's comical to watch you do your little song and dance....

a classic case of low self-esteem....

You might want to see a psychologist....

come to terms with serious issues....

Do you know me??

What serious issues? That you're a clown as well as a "master" analyst?

"I keep coming back for more beatings"? What beatings? A few words from a jester trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about? You know less about me than you do about comics. If that's possible.

the more you post the more guilty you look!

True! 893whatthe.gif

hammer, I would suggest that this time after you get banned and sign on with a different screen name and betray your true identity by the usual means and methods and are called on it by a forum member...that you don't double your post count by defending the fact that you're not him. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Banner's back from the black sleep!! Defending what?? Mr.Nice is the voice of reason on here. I'm the only one making any sense whatsoever. You don't like when someone doesn't jump up on the apple cart and start pelting your enemies shoulder to shoulder with you, do you Banner?

The guy buys a raw restored book ........................GUILTY

The guy buys a raw unrestored NM ..................... GUILTY

The guy buys a CGC unrestored Spiderman 14 .... GUILTY

This doesn't sound ridiculous to you? Where is the winning if you have something to say about everything that the guy buys?? What am I saying here that is so illogical about countermanding your sense of vigilanteism.

Mr. Nice is the Sheriff that refuses to let the angry lynch mob bust into the jail and hang the accused without a fair trial.....oh I forgot, you already did that!

You conducted a foolproof poll! makepoint.gif

I'd like to conduct a sharpened, greased pole also, Doc. Guess where.

I'd like to conduct a sharpened, greased pole also, Doc. Guess where.

Speaking of grease,...do they provide lube in the pokey Mr. Nice??...I know they hand out condoms , but I always wondered if it was motion lotion or spit and persuasion??

J.D.