• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantazia -keys ad 1991

176 posts in this topic

fantazia1.jpg

Sorry for the lopsided scan. The CBG ad is from May/91. Contains shocking double guide prices at the time for hi-grade silver, comics married to Eastern Color Press cover proofs & Mile Highs.

Note: The Showcase 4 description re overall scarcity is still accurate compared to the CGC census today.

If anyone has a copy of another Fantazia CBG ad from 1991-92 that shows Danny Dupcak next to his partner Moses, plz post. Enquiring minds want to know.

i remember that ad, shocked.gif that's why i asked in one of my post didn't fantazia sell eastern file copies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif i wonder if those MH got the colour touch and trim treatment. frown.gif notice how daniel dupcak still types the same? some things never change. 893blahblah.gif

Sorry for the huge pic. I scanned it at 95% but it saved jumbo-sized.

Keep in mind 1991-92 were bubble years after the 1st & 2nd Sotheby's live auctions & record breaking direct sales. Ppl were saying the crash is coming. No one would be stoopid enough to pay those multiples again. 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif I'm sure people bought these books and without them knowing that there all restored,wonder if they hung onto them and almost 10 years later, they slabbed them and came back with his usually trimming/color touching confused-smiley-013.gif I'm sure it happened

someone post the fantazia ad which showed pics of his partner henry moses jnr and dupcak, all 140lbs of him b4 he became the testosterone filled beefcake in the infamous nassau county mug shot

Was this picture just in the CBG, or any of the Overstreets or other fan mags? We need to see this picture people!!!

i onl;y recall seeing it in the CBG, i think it was a 1/3 page pt 1/2 page ad, with moses jnr in the left corner and dupcak in the right corner (wearing a white t shirt and jeans), longish dark hair with mostache?? moses jnr def. had a beard

its in a cbg from the early 90s i cant quite remember the year

someone dig out their old cbg's!!!!!!!

Wow, I remember that ad. If memory serves, some if not all of the Mile Highs listed were not actually Mile High copies. In fact, in at least one issue where that ad appeared, the real Mile High Adventure 103 was advertised by its true owner. I'd had problems with Fantazia(luckily got my money back), and contacted CBG to alert them that they had a dishonest advertiser. Seems like just yesterday...

I'd never seen that print ad.....

The writing style, replete with hyperbole, and the occasional CAPITAL LETTERS for emphasis, is striking and very familiar. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Now that the cat is officially out of the bag, this striking similarity has been noted by several board members, albeit out of the public eye. It's painfully obvious, once you're presented with the evidence, that the Fantazia ads and certain hyperbole filled, capital letter EMPHASISED, "quoted" posts are representative of the same writer's voice.

Stunning coincidence?

Damning evidence?

Fodder for a flame war?

there were also pictures in Fantazia ads with DD standing in front of a wall of Action 1s, Tec 27s Marvel 1s etc. ALL the topkeysbooks...About 5 copies of each!!

Initially it boggled my mind that one guy had all of them at one time.

BUT, Ive gotten over it.. I mean, how many of those books had NOT had a little nick or tuck done to them in the workshop??? Probably none!

Im not sure using CAPITALS is really proof positive...I do it all the time, but I havent seen Mr Nice chime in on this thread yet....or any of the other pseudonymns.