• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet monthly

7 posts in this topic

Not sure if there is a thread about this overly expensive price guide or not but is it just me or does this seem like a lot of [!@#%^&^]?

For example, there is a price list which lists a hypothetical wolverine 145 nabisco variant 9.8 as $400 in 9.8. I remember the actual 9.8selling for $900 to the guy that bought the hulk 181 9.8 for 20k. Whether some of you agree with this kind of buying or not isnt the point of this thread. The point is even if you are printing cgc graded prices, wouldnt you get actual prices correct for $6.50 every month. What other prices are wrong. If you pay more, though pegged as an investment insufficiently_thoughtful_person for anyother reasons but personal pleasure on this forum, where is the line? How can one use this guide as a tool? Look at the ?hypotheitical price? of the batman rrp variant in 9.8? Tell me someone wont be willing to pay a lot more if the buy it now is used in a semi=modern-overexposure kind of way. We all know what kind of ludicricy?Spelling? goes on the speculative modern comic collecting market. I myself have paid a lot for books simply for cover/pleasure not investment but would like to know what you guys think of this monthly 6.50 overpriced investment tool: Shame? I think, useful? Why not just subscribe to CBG. its done a lot of good for me!!!

Yea, thats a valid response, but for $6.50 an issue for as little as you get investment data wise? Which isn't that the type of subscriber they are targeting? CBG seems to outweight them but far plus you get articles and actual ebay sale results not averages? im guessing they are averages?

I've posted about this before as well....

The price charged for the product is horribly out of line. Add some market reports, a few more market news articles, and flesh out the price section. A letters section might be a good idea as well.

Why can't the old late 80s updates serve as a template for this update??