• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Piece of Paper Mounted Inside"

15 posts in this topic

I have been told that the piece of paper mounted inside could possibly get a qualified grade. It's basically a piece of I guess 4X4 paper lightly glued at the back of the cover probably to record inventory. I've seen these on a lot of GA books probably from the same collector. Basically if removed, it will leave a lighter shade of that imprinted paper on the cover and the rest of the cover would be darker in color.

I have been told that the piece of paper mounted inside could possibly get a qualified grade. It's basically a piece of I guess 4X4 paper lightly glued at the back of the cover probably to record inventory. I've seen these on a lot of GA books probably from the same collector. Basically if removed, it will leave a lighter shade of that imprinted paper on the cover and the rest of the cover would be darker in color.

yeah, V told me the owner of the collection actually used it like a library system, and folks could "borrow" the books, if they checked them out...I bought one of them , a Tec I believe, and cgc noted "pieces of paper attached to inside back cover"...blue lable 4.0 (book looks solid fn)

rick

yeah, V told me the owner of the collection actually used it like a library system, and folks could "borrow" the books, if they checked them out...I bought one of them , a Tec I believe, and cgc noted "pieces of paper attached to inside back cover"...blue lable 4.0 (book looks solid fn)

rick

I have seen two of them. If I remember right, it was a piece of lined paper with the title and issue written on it in pen and glued to the inside of the back cover. Maybe the subsequent lines were where people could sign them out or something?

One had the paper attached, the other was from the same collection but that paper was removed leaving some color lifts and slight warping from the glue. Shame, because the two books were otherwise very nice...though stuff like that from the original owner is pretty cool to me, even if some people consider it "damage".

rick

Hmm, thats very interesting. When did you get it slabbed? I guess it only works if the book is in high grade like a VF condition. That would probably get a qualified.

rick

Hmm, thats very interesting. When did you get it slabbed? I guess it only works if the book is in high grade like a VF condition. That would probably get a qualified.

it is my tec 44....bought it as a fine from metro, of course...I agree it is a fn, but was blue labled 4.0...id 0774506005....here is what the notes say when I look it up...10 pieces of paper attached to interior cover...I just realized it says "10", but there is only 1 piece, so maybe a typo?

rick

rick

it is my tec 44....bought it as a fine from metro, of course...I agree it is a fn, but was blue labled 4.0...id 0774506005....here is what the notes say when I look it up...10 pieces of paper attached to interior cover...I just realized it says "10", but there is only 1 piece, so maybe a typo?

rick

If you and Metro thought it was a FN, what could have knocked it all the way down to a 4.0 893whatthe.gif. That's a big difference. Funny how it says "10 pieces of paper" instead of 1. Now my next question whether it is better to leave the piece of paper on their or remove it? I highly doubt it would damage the interior back cover because it is lightly glued. I'm considering one of these paper mounted copies.

rick

rick

If you and Metro thought it was a FN, what could have knocked it all the way down to a 4.0 893whatthe.gif. That's a big difference. Funny how it says "10 pieces of paper" instead of 1. Now my next question whether it is better to leave the piece of paper on their or remove it? I highly doubt it would damage the interior back cover because it is lightly glued. I'm considering one of these paper mounted copies.

I suspect the paper knocked it down, technically...

rick

in all honesty, if I had it to do over again, i would buy a different copy, but that is just my preference...paying 6.0 price for a 4.0 book, I would rather pay 8.0 price for an 8.0 book, etc...in the scheme of things, it is really not all that..

rick

hmm very ineresting.. Well, I don't know whether to buy a book with a mounted paper attached and remove it hoping it can still get the grade I bought it for or just stay away from it.

hello all...

I think the copy I had cgc'd had part of the "paper mounted" removed, which resulted in 10 little pieces left...West brought to my attention...I remember buying it as a "paper mounted" copy, and I have vague recollection of it, but it sounds like the "10" is correct, versus 1 full/larger piece

just wanted to be as accurate as I could

rick