• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romance Anyone? . . . How about a box of sweet pre-codes?

81 posts in this topic

I bought a big box of about 60 pre-code Romance Comics last Sunday at an auction in the Detroit 'burbs. I couldn't pass up these lovee-dovee's . . . . .

img046.jpg

I like this one. I guess I'll have to find a copy so that I can find out what got Dad so bent out of shape.

img036.jpg

yay.gif On my short list of favorites yay.gif

Wow...a cover with sex AND bacon! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Cue the Homer Simpson drooling image....

cowboys need love too--

i don't really collect romance books, but i am a lunatic completist, and it turns out that in my warped brain, to have the full run of young men [yes, it's true, i have a number of young men at my beck and call], you need cowboy romances 1-3, which are in fact young men 1-3. also, to have the timely ideals, you need ideal love and romance 5 which is actually the book right behind the one with the witness appearance. the cr 1 and 3 are the crippen books; the 2 is from the piece of dung collection.

cr1.jpg

cr2.jpg

cr3.jpg

ideal.jpg

cr3.jpg

893whatthe.gif That is one handsome couple!

all in all, she's doing pretty well with the bullet in the knee--did you check that out?

She is holding up suprisingly well.

Odd that the cowboy is the saddle-tramp, not his lady friend!

Or else his name is Sarah.

Jack

cr3.jpg

all in all, she's doing pretty well with the bullet in the knee--did you check that out?

Jack

With a mug like that I would have shot her too. What else is holding her up besides the hand holding the gun? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

cr3.jpg

Jack

With a mug like that I would have shot her too. What else is holding her up besides the hand holding the gun? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

agreed; she looks familiar tho'--is there any chance that she aged into being the old dead aunt strapped to the top of the station wagon in "vacation?"

Jack Kirby from 1949 . . .

img073.jpg

That's classic! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Man on a Leash cover! 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

That's classic! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a couple scans from beneath the covers . . .

img120.jpg[/img]

img119.jpg[/img]

There are more words in that one page than most new comics have in an entire issue!

img119.jpg

There are more words in that one page than most new comics have in an entire issue!

As Dock sayz, 'I'll write stories by the barrelfull'. All for the love of a womb-man