• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bryan Talbot in Toronto April 16, 2007

7 posts in this topic

So earlier this evening I got to listen to, and then meet, British comics legend Bryan Talbot. Talbot was in town at one of the downtown libraries speaking about his latest release Alice in Sunderland, published by Dark Horse Comics. I haven't had a chance to read my copy of Alice yet, but after listening to Talbot describe the book and the research and detail that went into it, I think I'll set some time aside later in the week. It's definitely not a fast read.

Anyway, I brought a stack of things for him to sign:

The Adventures of Luther Arkwright TP

Heart of Empire TP

The Tale of One Bad Rat TP

Alice in Sunderland HC

Sandman: Orpheus special.

Adventures of Luther Arkwright 1

A Legends of the Dark Knight for a friend.

Not only did he sign the stack I brought, but he also did some sketches for me in some of the books:

The One Bad Rat from/in The Tale of One Bad Rat

rat.jpg

Luther Arkwright from/in The Adventures of Luther Arkwright

lutherarkwright.jpg

Thanks go to the Beguiling for organizing this event.

Personally, I never knew who Bryan Talbot was, until the Beguiling announced this event. I want to pick up Alice in Sunderland, to check it out. I also wanted to come to this event, but backed out last night. Sadly, I am regretting not attending.

Very Cool. Kevin That must have been nice to get to listen to him. He has done some very cool work. I loved His run on sand man. The funny thing is I say that of all sandman creators. But I guess it is because most creators who worked on sandman were/are good.

Personally, I never knew who Bryan Talbot was, until the Beguiling announced this event. I want to pick up Alice in Sunderland, to check it out. I also wanted to come to this event, but backed out last night. Sadly, I am regretting not attending.

Jason --- when you get a chance, pick up the Tale of One Bad Rat. You won't be disappointed, even though it is a story about child abuse. It's one of the best original works of the 1990's.

Kris, sorry I wasn't able to take your call. I had to turn off my phone during the presentation, and had to leave work early to get there for the 7PM start. I didn't get home until after 11.