• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Convention - Sunday, April 22, 2007 with David Finch

5 posts in this topic

There's a one-day convention in Montreal next Sunday, April 22nd, at the Palais Des Congres, 10AM-5PM.

Guests:

DAVID FINCH

SERGE LAPOINTE

CLEMENT SAUVE

ERIC THERIAULT

www.majorcomics.safeshopper.com

Dealers include:

MAJOR COMICS

1,000,000 COMIX (Montreal)

COMIC AGE

BRAD(KEY ISSUES)FENTON

LIBRARIE MILLENIUM

CARSLEY'S

PARADISE COMICS

ADAMO'S

HEROES AND LEGENDS

MARC THE COMIC HUNTER

KOMICO

LIBRAIRIE CHAPITRE

ANGELO'S

SYLVAIN HALLE

JOHN'S

GUY LEGER

MADAME EDGAR INC.

CMD STORE

EL PASO KOMIX

Drop by the table and say hello if you are going. Remember, there are no shipping charges to CGC if you submit books at the show.
Great timing - I was just about to ship my very FIRST batch of books to CGC, but if you're going to be in town all the better. However, there are 2 IMPORTANT issues:

(1) Are you providing any customs forms for temporary exportation, so that Canadian residents don't get caught paying customs fees on the return trip? Due to the last moment annoucement of CGC's presence I, and I am sure most others, haven't been able to acquire these documents from the local customs office.

(2) Do you know how to 'privately' insure the books in FULL for the return voyage? CGC has told me that FEDEX only partially insures collectibles such as comics, and that it is up to the submitter to obtain fully insurance. I know how to insure items I am shipping TO the US, but no idea how to assure they are fully insured for the return trip.

Anyways, it's likely too late to get answer, since the show is tomorrow morning, so I'll swing by once my booth is set up.

Thanks!

Glad to meet you today, sorry I couldn't answer yesterday as I left for Montreal around noon and had no internet access. I think we were able to answer your questions today, but for the record:

1) I'm not sure where you would obtain the documents from customs from other than calling Canada Customs and having them send them to you, but I will look into it. The books submitted today will be taken to CGC in Pittsburgh on Thursday, so there was no preparation of documentation for this. When the books are packed for return to Canada, it is my understanding that CGC prepares some documentation on the shipping forms to indicate that these are your comics being returned to you after a 3rd party evaluation and encapsulation service.

2) As for return insurance on the packages, CGC can only insure to the maximum allowed by FedEx ground service. If you have your own insurance broker for cross-border travel and shipping (like Mendolson/Livingstone) you could arrange something with them for transportation of your goods as well.