• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just read a stack of recent comics

12 posts in this topic

I just got back from a library that carries up-to-date comics (only downside is you have to read in house). I thought I would voice my opinion of the assorted comics I read.

Ultimate Fantastic Four - some of the best stories I have read in a while. Great art and very cool storyline. I may get this book or at least kep reading it at the library.

Punisher War Journal - Another great story and decent artwork. I really enjoyed the whole Cap - vs - Punisher stories.

Conan - pretty good typical Conan stories with good artwork. Will keep reading.

Batman - Regular series is keeping my interest but I just am not blown away like the previous year. Good artwork for a DC title.

Superman - Kind of plain-jane but entertaining.

Wolverine - Can't say I was blown away but liked the images of Wolverine getting his head nearly cutt off and then burned to his sceleton and each time ending up in limbo. Cool idea.

Uncanny X-Men - Just ok. I really am having a problem getting into any of the X-Men series other than Ultimate. Ok art and nothing mind-blowing on the art.

Civil War - Coolest idea to come from a comic in many, many years. I am actually curious to see how it all plays out. Good art on top of all that. Go Marvel!!

Super Girl - I like this series. Great art and the story is very entertaining.

Fantastic Four - Not nearly as good as the Ultimate series but a great read with up-to-date stories. Who would have thought the F4 would be my favorite read??

Ultimates - Read a TPB and that story is GREAT!! I wish all comics could be like this series. Art is top notch.

Daredevil - Pretty good art but fantastic stories. Keeps me coming back each month.

All in all - I really like almost every story in the list. The X-Men titles are really falling behind and I may not bother reading if things down turn around.

My 2 cents.

Civil War - Coolest idea to come from a comic in many, many years. I am actually curious to see how it all plays out. Good art on top of all that. Go Marvel!!

Just wait till you get to the big climactic ending.

Comics are great when read for free. It's a whole other ball of wax when you are paying $3 an issue for lousy issues.

Punisher War Journal - Another great story and decent artwork. I really enjoyed the whole Cap - vs - Punisher stories.

Batman - Regular series is keeping my interest but I just am not blown away like the previous year. Good artwork for a DC title.

Superman - Kind of plain-jane but entertaining.

Punisher War Journal has been a slight suprise to me. Not great, but definitely fun to read each month. It's not Ennis, but it's nice to have a non-Ennis Punisher every once in awhile.

Batman is starting to tank for me again. Dini's stuff is not bad. The Quinn story wasn't that great. Neither was the villain with the plastique explosives. They sure seem to be coming out quickly though (bi-weekly). I'm really disappointed with Morrison & Kubert's Batman. Again, not bad. Just think that a creative team like that should have something golden.

Superman's a tough one for me. He's a character that needs the absolute best creative team. I loved the Donner/Johns combo. Some great books too. Recently, without them, it's been good enough. But I'm not sure how long it can hold my interest. Of course, the Phantom Zone stories are always intriguing. I'm just afraid that they are going to mess it up (recent Supergirl issue explaining the other view of the Phantom Zone is leaving me unsure).

Civil War. Only read it if it's free. Even then, it's probably a waste. Great concept originally. Horrible execution.

Pat

Try "Walking dead" and "Jonah Hex".

I think DD is one of the best comics last year. The Marvel Civil war thing was decent...sort of typical Marvel, you have to buy a ton of issues to follow the series. Dc title are consistent, even when they do a big even very little happens.

Try "Walking dead"

Agreed!!! headbang.gifthumbsup2.gif

Anyone know when the next WD trade (#6,I think) comes out?

According to Amazon (not very reliable), it was supposed to ship April 11th....

I read somewhere that it is going to be out in the beginning of May, but I couldn't find a solid release date for you...

Hope that helps at least a little laugh.gif

Try "Walking dead"

I read somewhere that it is going to be out in the beginning of May, but I couldn't find a solid release date for you...

According to Kevin's advance listing from Diamond, DEC061874 WALKING DEAD SORROWFUL LIFE VOL 6 $12.99 ships next week thumbsup2.gif

Try "Walking dead"

According to Kevin's advance listing from Diamond, DEC061874 WALKING DEAD SORROWFUL LIFE VOL 6 $12.99 ships next week thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif Missed that....well there ya go Chrisco!

I do read the Walking Dead, Fables, Constantine and Supreme Powers TPB when they come in the library and these are all great. I'll have to pick up the Hex books when they come in.

Try "Walking dead"

foreheadslap.gif Missed that....well there ya go Chrisco!

Sweet! Guess I'll just wait until next week to hit the shop. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Robert said he is HORRIBLE at getting trades ready. He was saying it's amazing since the work is already done, he just has to turn stuff in and he can't do it on time.