• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Postal/General Help. PLEASE!!!

9 posts in this topic

I will attempt to keep this brief. I was expecting a large package in the mail from a fellow board member. He sent me a tracking number and I finally checked yesterday to see what the status was. It happily showed delivered on Monday afternoon. The problem is that I was home Monday afternoon and no postal employee rang the doorbell or anything like that. It is possible that I was doing something and didn't hear anything at all. I called the post office as soon as I found out and the supervisor said he would get a hold of the deliveryperson and see what the story was. He didn't call me back last night and I called again this morning. He said he was sorry and that he had talked to her. She claims that she left the package on my doorstep and that was that. I told him I was outside about 20 minutes after the time the DC# stated it had been delivered and nothing was there. He said it was probably stolen and there is no way it would have been delivered to the wrong house. I have no idea how this woman (who is not my regular postal person) could remember delivering a package to a certain address that she may or may not have ever delivered to before. I know I pretty much have no recourse through the post office, but does anyone have any suggestions?? I do not live in a bad part of town or anything like that and I want to clarify that the boardmember did everything right and it obviously isn't his fault. I just really wanted the books and I have never even heard of this happening.

Oh yeah, I order 200-300 ct boxes of spindled dvd-r and have had

two shipments "magically" disappear off the front porch.

Face to face with the postmaster, screue the phone call, face to face.

Written, not BS nice guy conversation. Written complaint.

You might also go around the block to the "similar" address if

you have a street address like mine.

14415 XXX st, I get mail from 14315 XXX st, and 14215 XXX st.

I have delivered mail to unknown neighbors down the block

and now have new friends.

Was it a "signature confirmation" type mailing ? IF so, then again,

go pinch the postmaster, if that doesn't work find his supervisor.

I would go to the P.O. and have them check to see if there is a package for you. Maybe it was left at the wrong house and somebody turned it in. It doesn't hurt to check. I don't see any recourse as far as compensation from the Post Office.

I worry every time I'm expecting a package. My regular mail carrier leaves my packages inside the screen door. The part-time carrier leaves my packages on top of the neighborhoods mailboxes, which is 1/4 mile from my house. screwy.gif

i'm glad i live where i do then. The post office in NB isnt allowed to drop off a package anymore. They have to leave a card and have you go to the post office to get it. If its small enough that it could fit in the mailbox then they take it but still leave a card if it doesnt fit and make you go to the post office.