• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

30 posts in this topic

I'm kinda confused here, the buyer says explicitly that he does not want a refund, yet most of the advice in this thread is to offer a refund.

confused.gif

Well, what else can he really do? He can't just "exchange" it. This is why I say to explain to the buyer what's going in terms of how CGC holders different books, then if the buyer still isn't satisfied, offer him a return and refund. Reholdering it doesn't guarantee any differences.

I'm kinda confused here, the buyer says explicitly that he does not want a refund, yet most of the advice in this thread is to offer a refund.

confused.gif

Well, what else can he really do? He can't just "exchange" it. This is why I say to explain to the buyer what's going in terms of how CGC holders different books, then if the buyer still isn't satisfied, offer him a return and refund. Reholdering it doesn't guarantee any differences.

I seems as if the buyer wants the book, he just wants a better holder.

confused.gif

I seems as if the buyer wants the book, he just wants a better holder.

Wouldn't we all...lol

Seriously though, the buyer thinks that his holder is missing an integral part, when it is highly likely that his current holder is complete and as good as CGC is going to get on that particular book.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Lighthouse....do what the customer wants you to do to fix the problem. If you can't replace it, offer a refund if he returns the comic. I've learned in my personal business, you look after the customer...no matter what...he'll come back for more.

And, it's not only looking after the problem, but how you look after it. Be freindly and supportive and let him know he's important. Certainly you will run into a few people who seem to have a problem with everything you sell them...those you can eventually leave alone. But, if you start looking after the problem to the customer's satisfaction, he'll keep being a customer. Again, let them know they are important. It's not Rocket Science and it pays dividends down the road.

Trust me...it works..but somehow I think you already know that. thumbsup2.gif

I agree. thumbsup2.gif

You can also tell him he is free to contact CGC directly. If there is indeed an issue with the way it was encapsulated, I'm sure they will fix the problem for him for free.

Lighthouse....do what the customer wants you to do to fix the problem. If you can't replace it, offer a refund if he returns the comic. I've learned in my personal business, you look after the customer...no matter what...he'll come back for more.

And, it's not only looking after the problem, but how you look after it. Be freindly and supportive and let him know he's important. Certainly you will run into a few people who seem to have a problem with everything you sell them...those you can eventually leave alone. But, if you start looking after the problem to the customer's satisfaction, he'll keep being a customer. Again, let them know they are important. It's not Rocket Science and it pays dividends down the road.

Trust me...it works..but somehow I think you already know that. thumbsup2.gif

I agree. thumbsup2.gif

You can also tell him he is free to contact CGC directly. If there is indeed an issue with the way it was encapsulated, I'm sure they will fix the problem for him for free.

That's the right answer. takeit.gif

For a $30 comic I'd just send the refund, let him keep the book and move one. Putting more then about 5 minutes of your time into this situation makes it a loosing proposition. I wouldn't waste any more time on it.

For a $30 comic I'd just send the refund, let him keep the book and move one. Putting more then about 5 minutes of your time into this situation makes it a loosing proposition. I wouldn't waste any more time on it.

I don't know if this situation warrants a refund. I'm all about customer service, but we aren't talking about an undisclosed crack in the slab. I know it's a precarious balance of maintaining good customer service and being a sucker. I agree it should be handled quickly, which would have me gravitate towards a refund as well, though. Especially since that is lighthouse's policy...

I know the buyer is asking for something that isn't addressed in lighthouse's policy. Personally I would say "keep it or return it for a refund.".