• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyer Pitfalls on Ebay

20 posts in this topic

I have had the misfortune of loosing money on ebay. I'm upset about it only in the sense that ebay makes a habit of "protecting" the seller. Let me explain.

I bid on two seperate items, by two seperate seller and two different times. Both situations ended in the same manner. I sent payment right away. I sent emails checking to see if the seller received my payment. I sent email confirming my shipping address. I did the whole ebay thing. In return I got nothing. The sellers took my money and kept their items. I looked for ways to force the seller honor the sell. That went no where. If I as a buyer refuse to pay for an item, ebay will send me a nasty gram for lack of payment. I can even loose my priviledge to bid. Yet there are no consequences for the seller who take buyer's cash but don't send the items.

After these experiences, I BID ebay good bye. I went to check my feedback and leave the negatives for the lame sellers. And the kick in the pants with this, the sellers responded to my negative feedback saying the item was sent or they gave me my money back. What a joke. Ebay should be forced to honor these sales.

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

Always send a POSTAL MONEY order for payment. This way, the Government is involved and it becomes a Federal Offense. I you send your own money order from 7 Eleven or a check. Basically, there are not many options because we are small fish and there is no one to go too except back to the store you purchased your money order from or your bank. But, a Postal Money Order tends to clear things up with individuals only cause the Government does care about fraud when its own money is involved. Once a postal money order is involved, it may take time ( Like 3 to 4 months ) but they will look into it. The red tape of government may run slow but trust me, they come down like a hammer on mail fraud when all is said and done. If you have proof that item was paid for but they dont have proof that item was sent. The brunt of problem rests with them. Remember!!! , a Postal Money Order cause its a Federal Offense with much higher penalties and because of this if a big sum is lost the FBI will also get involved!!!!

I lost $50 combined. I know that doesn't seem like a lot to some people but it feels like the equivalent to giving $25 away to a perfect stranger for nothing. I used a money order for one and personal check for the other. One seller was braphael. But the guy who really pissed me off was 1000000comixcomicstore, he plays the ebay game. His feedback looks great until you scroll a couple of pages. mad.gif

I lost $50 combined. I know that doesn't seem like a lot to some people but it feels like the equivalent to giving $25 away to a perfect stranger for nothing. I used a money order for one and personal check for the other. One seller was braphael. But the guy who really pissed me off was 1000000comixcomicstore, he plays the ebay game. His feedback looks great until you scroll a couple of pages. mad.gif

At the very least you should notify the US PO about the Money Order. If he cashed it and didn't send you your item that is definately a federal offense, even if it's $25. If the guy is a big seller then it would behoove him not to get the Feds involved.

The personal check is a little bit different, but you did send it through the mail, so they might care about that too.

It can't hurt to try!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. But thank you for letting us know about which buyers they are so others can avoid them.

Also, welcome back!

I like to use Paypal or a different credit card for payment on Ebay auctions. With a credit card, if you call the company and dispute the charges, they will generally wipe off the charge, although the [!@#%^&^] who ripped you off get to keep your money. Still, you're not responsible and the charges are wiped off within days. Good luck and let us know how this resolves itself.

Ben

Is that the 1,000,000 comics store located in up-state New York?

Careful with them...

Bad grading! frown.gif

They call VFs NM!

boo.gifboo.gifboo.gif

That's not the same as "Comic Master" Gerry Ross, is it????

Good question...their previous sales don't look like the kind of stuff Gerry was selling, but I haven't seen him on ebay lately either!?!? Don't get me started on this hoser (to use terms that might be familiar to him) again!! 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

Yeah, I remember you posting something about him a long time ago. Didn't he sell you some LG garbage and was extremely reluctant about giving you a refund??? You ended up battling w/ him on some comics message board back in the day???

Chris

Yeah..the Doc doesn't like too many folks. An overly heightened sense of mock morality is usually instigated by self loathing.

Most of these pathetic individuals that find it necessary to lead the charge against everything and everyone that they get in their poor deluded brains as "unholy", are compelled to do so by the monsters of their own id (subconscious, reactive mind), thereby creating monsters for them to project their psychoses, the things they hate most about themselves!

These people like Doc, live in abject misery..in anguish, and should be more pitied than reviled. The skeletons in the closet of those he professes, are nothing more than the skeletons in his own closet, projected upon others. He subconsciously must do this to survive.

Watch! Take note of his posts. Over 90% of them are nothing more than assigning guilt to individuals that he imagines are extensions of the way he conducts his everyday existance (if you can call it that).

Doc, Read some Freud! I can suggest some specific books and chapters for you to focus introspectively on. Also, "Don't Shoot Yourself in the Foot", the entire book, would be a wonderful learning experience for you. The odds are drastically against it, but if you have the ability to learn at least one new concept, you'd benefit greatly from anything gleaned in skimming it. At least in that book there are many illustrations to look at so you wouldn't have to deal with anything so complex to you as actual text!

Lastly, Comics, Doc??? How about some comic chatter?

Another action you can do, is if you have solid proof that payment did indeed reach the seller(like a cancelled check for one of your items) then contact the Attorney General in the Sellers state. They will take action. You will have to fill out some forms and when you call insist on speaking to the Attorney General.

It happened to a friend of mine about 14 years ago and the Attorney General got after the seller and he got his money back.

Not at all!! I just think that you're a fascinating subject. Wherever someone is discussing a buyer that the Forum has deemed "personae non-grata", there you are, Doc, sticking your two cents in and expecting change!

Have you ever sought professional psychiatric counseling? Most health care providers do cover these things and the most you'd wind up paying is a small deductable for each session ($5 to $15).

Comics, Doc! Do you like discussing them, or only the buyers and sellers? Or are you not equipped to discuss the comics themselves beyond what you can read (or have someone read to you) what info is on the CGC label?