• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

possibly dumb question

5 posts in this topic

i have a miracleman apocrypha number 1 thats remarked and signed by norm breyfogle. it came with a certificate from the store it was done at, im just wondering, if it gets cgc'd, does the certificate go in with it and get sealed?

Yeah and I'm pretty sure you'll get green labeled as well. It'll be a Qualified X.X with some note like "Norm Breyfogle written in marker on cover" below it. Better to leave an issue like that unslabbed. CGC can't accept the certificate as no SS witness saw it, but most collectors will accept the cert. just fine.

Some people will slab these. It's just my opinion that it's not worth doing. But I'm sure there's divergent thinking on this.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure you'll get green labeled as well. It'll be a Qualified X.X with some note like "Norm Breyfogle written in marker on cover" below it. Better to leave an issue like that unslabbed. CGC can't accept the certificate as no SS witness saw it, but most collectors will accept the cert. just fine.

Some people will slab these. It's just my opinion that it's not worth doing. But I'm sure there's divergent thinking on this.

thumbsup2.gif

a perfect answer!