• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does a dealers inventory count in the Registery?

14 posts in this topic

Ive noticed that most of the top 20 collectors in the registry are dealers.

Why are books in there inventory[that they dont own] counted towards the dealers registry points.That dosnt sound fair to me as it throughs off what[ TRUE COLLECTORS] really have.You call it Competitive Sets. Sounds competitivly unfair to me.

• Administrator

I agree with Pirate, the books that are registered to the dealers are supposed to be ones they currently own or have for sale. A book cannot be registered by more than one user, so if the book is sold to a registry user who then registers it, it is transferred from that dealer's registry set to the new owner. So, the dealers either have bigger collections or the buyers of their comics are not on the registry.

I hope that helps you!

The books that are registered to the dealers are supposed to be ones they currently own or have for sale.

I think that's the point action1kid is trying to make. Mixing in dealer inventory with collectors does take away some of the competitive nature of the registry.

The books that are registered to the dealers are supposed to be ones they currently own or have for sale.

I think that's the point action1kid is trying to make. Mixing in dealer inventory with collectors does take away some of the competitive nature of the registry.

And if it is their book, then there is nothing to grumble about. The books belong to them until that time that someone buys it from them.

Seems simple enough to me.

And if it is their book, then there is nothing to grumble about. The books belong to them until that time that someone buys it from them.

Seems simple enough to me.

But there are instances where it is NOT there book and it is being counted on their registry points.