• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb question

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but just want to make sure. Will CGC grade modern books in original polybags or do they need to be opened to be sent in? I would think that the book would have to be opened to be graded accurately.

And no, I'm not talking about X-Force 1 or Superman 75...

They will open them. I bought a modern already CGC'd Superman book (can't remember the # but it's from when he split in two, red and blue) that was a 3-D issue, came polybagged with glasses.

CGC had opened it, slabbed the book and included the glasses seperately. It was pretty cheap, maybe $10 plus postage, I think the seller was bummed out that they had unbagged it. It was my second CGC book purchase and I was still figuring out what the slabbing thing was all about

Later on I sent in a Vampirella variant edition that came with a COA. I asked that they include the COA in the slab on the back cover but they did the same thing. Included it seperately. Another lesson learned ...

dave h