• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a scumbag.

11 posts in this topic

Sent him the follwing:

"You may not know this, but the item you are selling is a reprint. You can tell this by 2 ways. 1st - the cover does not have the 12-cent price code on it. You can verify this by going to Milehighcomics.com website and looking up Amazing Spider Man #1. You will see a cover of an original, and you will see a price code. The second way to verify this is on the interior of the cover in the small print, you will see that it was not printed in 1963.

I hope this helps you verify this. It would be a shame if someone ended up w/ the book. They might feel like you were trying to scam them, which I highly doubt, and you will have an eBay hassel on your hands.

I see you are a new seller. You wouldn't want to get a negative your very first outing. The rep as a scammer is very hard to shake.

I am guessing you are a novice collector, despite the fact that you have (what you think is) one of the Silver Age Holy Grails, as you don't list any of the defects the book has; and just describe it in "good condition". As comics go, "good condition" is actually on the lower end of the spectrum. The comic you have scanned is actually much nicer than "good" condition, and looks to be in even "Very Fine" condition; which sells for much more money than a "good" book.

I suggest you pick up the Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide, as well as an Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, and educate yourself a little more if you want to sell high dollar books on eBay.

Or you can just end the auction, scammer boy!"

Chris

NO WAY!!!! I sent him/her this message:

It is a reprint. It is not worth anything near to what you are asking. Also, if you do not list this as a reprint, you are asking for major problems in the way of fraud. Ebay would not appreciate you trying to cheat someone, knowingly or otherwise, not to mention the potential buyer. Please relist this item with an accurate description.

Gary grin.gif