• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's gone up in the new Overstreet?

55 posts in this topic

Did any new books break into the Top 10 GA / SA / BA categories, or the same as last year? Any rankings change?

Any prices yet on the Miracleman 3D Special (2D version)?

I haven't picked up my OS yet. Probably this weekend (as long as the new Walking Dead trade came out 893crossfingers-thumb.gif). Looking forward , as always, to the market reports.

Strange Tales #110 is $2500 in NM... Overstreet has it listed for more than the latest issue of Wizard's Price Guide! How often does that happen?

The book does hit $10k in 9.4 on a good day...and half that when it's a Heritage gift graded impostor, sitting in a 9.4 holder yeahok.gif

I noticed after Bob intro paragraph a list of notable sales for 2006. Anyone else notice it? There was a random Action in VG that sold for $15 that stood out like a sore thumb. Was that a NOTABLE sale? The most notable VG sale? or the ONLY VG sale reported to Gemstone?

I mean, under what circumstances is that one book's sale worth mentioning in an annual price guide??? Notable why?

I noticed after Bob intro paragraph a list of notable sales for 2006. Anyone else notice it? There was a random Action in VG that sold for $15 that stood out like a sore thumb. Was that a NOTABLE sale? The most notable VG sale? or the ONLY VG sale reported to Gemstone?

I mean, under what circumstances is that one book's sale worth mentioning in an annual price guide??? Notable why?

notable because it went so cheap?

Does anybody know what TMNT 1 and Albedo 2 did? I'm not picking up my guide till next week and I'd like to see if Overstreet got them wrong for like the fifth year in a row.

TMNT #1 (1st) - Prices vary widely on this book...In 2005 a 9.4 sold for $8300, a 9.2 sold for $2850, and a 6.0 sold for $1300

TMNT #1 (2nd) - 2 / 4 / 6 / 12 / 16 / 20

TMNT #1 (3rd) - 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12

Albedo #2 - 27 / 54 / 81 / 196 / 323 / 450

The Big Five War group should organize and send in their Top Ten lists...

Chris Pedrin is MIA from the Hobby...

maybe Mick Rabin or Greg Pharis (San Diego Comics & Collectibles)

could organize this...they are the major Poobahs of the Big Five

Here's a Top-Ten list of strictly DC war, according to last year's OSPG's VF prices:

1. Our Army At War #81 $1794

2. Our Army At War #83 $1418

3. Our Army At War #1 $1275

4. Our Fighting Forces #1 $808

5. All American Men Of War #127 (#1) $723

6. Star Spangled War Stories #131 (#1) $625

7. Our Army At War #2 $544

8. Our Army At War #91 $502

9. G. I. Combat #68 $476

10. G. I. Combat #87 $468

There are many other great war books, but DC war shines for me. cloud9.gif

Andy

I like your list, but some Enemy Ace issues should be up there, as they very popular and asked for.

Yeah, but that list was just based on Overstreet's VF pricing. There are definately other books that are much more popular.

Andy

TMNT #1 (1st) - Prices vary widely on this book...In 2005 a 9.4 sold for $8300, a 9.2 sold for $2850, and a 6.0 sold for $1300

TMNT #1 (2nd) - 2 / 4 / 6 / 12 / 16 / 20

TMNT #1 (3rd) - 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12

Albedo #2 - 27 / 54 / 81 / 196 / 323 / 450

thanks, Chris! thumbsup2.gif