• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good deal?

9 posts in this topic

That seems a bit high, at first glance but....

I will have to assume pessimistically that it is VG-. But recent sales of this book even on low-grade unslabbed books seem to go for more than guide - so based on ebay sales - it is a pretty decent deal as books in the VG range go from about $130-$170.

This is still a super-hot book and defies normal logic when buying unslabbed copies - similar to ASM 129.

If you eally want the book - I'd pull the trigger - I doubt you could find one cheaper anywhere else.

I haven't seen the issue yet, my friend tends to grade very pessimistically. I would buy it to resell if I did buy it... it may very well be Fine/Fine+ based on past comics I have bought from him that he deemed VG. He lived a good 2 hours away from me, so I'd have to decide whether to buy or not in advance pretty much. Here's a scan (note the brown is just dirt, could probably be cleaned):

hulk181.jpg

Well...

It looks VG-, so I would say it is an okay deal. Not amazing - I doubt you would make anythign in return more than 10 or 15 dollars.

I believe cgc considers cleaning restoration, as do most others.