• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer n°2 and 4

6 posts in this topic

thanks for looking

silversurfer2.jpg

silversurfer2back.jpg

thesilversurfer4.jpg

silversurfer4back.jpg

interior pages are in very nice shape (at worst off white to white pages), no hidden flaws...

n°2 seems to be around 5.5 and n°4 altough still a good eye appeal, the back cover LLC bump makes me scratch my head if it goes below the 5.0 (or is it too harsh?) confused.gif

regards

Yeah, I think Point Five is right. They seem a little too...straight and solid for only a VG rating. I think VG/F (5.0) would be a pretty safe better on these two with that great Thor/Surfer cover going with 5.5.

Nice-looking mid-grades. I'd go just a bit lower on the #2, mostly for the ULC corner dings...

#2: 5.0

#4: 5.0/5.5

thanks

only an 0.5 grade difference between the 2 comics? the n°2 seems to have overral more visible flaws and less eye appeal (and the n°4 is a more "darkish" cover) than the other

any chance the 4 to get an 6.0...? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

regards

The #4 does look sharper overall, but the vertical reading crease is more pronounced on that book, at least in the scan. I tend to grade that defect harshly, though others might be more lenient.

Squarebound books are harder to judge from scans anyway because we can't view the spines from the side. In hand, the #2 might look a bit worse because the spine has more wear, and the #4 might look a bit better.

The #4 does look sharper overall, but the vertical reading crease is more pronounced on that book, at least in the scan. I tend to grade that defect harshly, though others might be more lenient.

Squarebound books are harder to judge from scans anyway because we can't view the spines from the side. In hand, the #2 might look a bit worse because the spine has more wear, and the #4 might look a bit better.

indeed, the squarebound's are more tricky to grade...

the "wear" on the 4 is more pronounced mostly due to the black cover gossip.gif

regards