• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you prefer?

What would you prefer?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

14 posts in this topic

So which would you rather have, a SS book that is one-of-a-kind (i.e. the only one ever signed and graded), or would you rather have a book that is say 1 of 100 SS books signed and graded.

Each has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the up side to a one of a kind book is pretty obvious, you would be the only one who owns one. Whlie the downside is, it might cost a lot to get it if there is more than one person who wants it. Where the one that there is a lot of, would (most likely) be cheaper to purchase as there would be competition to sell them. What do you think:

I prefer one of a kind because I like rare books..I have a few one of a kind books in my collection. Some examples are a SS book signed by Dave Mckean, a SS Book Signed by Greg Hildebrandt, A hellboy Movie Premiere book Signed by Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, Mike Mignola, and Guelermo Del Toro with a sketch by Dell toro and the sketch is actually good graded CGC SS 9.4, My collection is filled with rare Signature Series books. Just ask I probably have one.

I prefer one of a kind because I like rare books..I have a few one of a kind books in my collection. Some examples are a SS book signed by Dave Mckean, a SS Book Signed by Greg Hildebrandt, A hellboy Movie Premiere book Signed by Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, Mike Mignola, and Guelermo Del Toro with a sketch by Dell toro and the sketch is actually good graded CGC SS 9.4, My collection is filled with rare Signature Series books. Just ask I probably have one.

Steve Ditko? confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think so either. I think since the idea of a SS book is that it is unique, then having only one would be the best way to max out desireability.

That said, you're right. Those books are expensive. There's a book I want on EBay right now, but I just can't bring myself to pay $500 for a Valiant. But, to my knowledge, it is the only one. So maybe it's worth it? I don't know.

I guess that means I should vote with the 1 of 100 crowd. But if I had no financial constraints, I'd buy the Valiant in a heartbeat.