• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just another book that went from 9.0 to 9.4...was this pressed?

13 posts in this topic

I bet it was just a resub....yeah, that's it...a resub. Old labels too. Nothing wrong with pressing anyway. those who complain about pressing are taking food out of the mouths of the children of those who have books pressed and resubbed.Why do you hate our country so much Shield? angel.gif

It may just be a matter of the discolored spine and dust shadow on the right edge dropping the grade to a 9.0 the first time around (as it should be), and being ignored on the resub. 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Not sure how that book was ever a 9.0. Judging by the scans at least, it's a 9.4 all day long IMO. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you look at the back cover, you can see why it got a 9.0. Unfortunately, we don't have a back cover scan of the 9.4. Judging from the dirt and spine stresses apparent on the back of the 9.0, someone would probably have to dry clean and press the book in order to get it to 9.4. There's no way to confirm that without being able to see the back cover and compare it to the front cover though.

Arty, can you post a large scan of the back cover?

Thanks!

This is what frustrates me now about high grade CGC books - had I hit the BIN on that 9.4 and then found out it was formerly a 9.0, I'd always have regreted the purchase.

I agree. Thanks for posting the back cover scan. I wasn't able to locate it on Heritage. Dry cleaned and pressed it is. thumbsup2.gif

This book is cleaned and pressed. gossip.gif

1769590-teaser.jpg

For some reason original scans are removed from Heritage database. Luckily I stumbled into this resub years ago and saved them. Recognised immediatly that I have seen this one before.