• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FX Lite Comic con report

8 posts in this topic

The FX Lite show is being held in conjuction with the Central Florida State Fair in Orlando. Today (Thursday) and tomorrow is described as the Comic Con part of the weeklong collectibles show. The con is free as it is part of the State Fair. In other words, you pay the $10 State Fair admission and the con is like one of the exhibits.

fxlite0.jpg

The doors opened today at 4 PM and I got there right as it opened. I noticed there wasn't a line waiting to get in and was a little surprised when I walked in at how few people were there.

fxlite5.jpg

As I walked around I was also surprised at how few dealers there were. I counted about 12 vendors and none of them had a "comic book" booth. A few of the "collectibles" dealers had a short box of moderns. One vintage toy dealer had a short box of generic Silver and Bronze that had the good and the mint guide value on each comic. I asked him how his comics were priced and he said that he writes down the low column and the high column and that the price is somewhere in between. Yeah...that helps. yeahok.gif

They were supposed to have special guests, but I didn't see any. Maybe they are only on certain days.(?)

fxlite2.jpg

So, the bottom line is this. If you want to take your family to the fair and need a place to escape for a few minutes then this show is for you. If you are passionate about corn dogs, cotton candy and collectibles then this show is for you. If you are expecting to see a "comic con" then you probably will be disappointed. I drove about 50 miles and was there for under 15 minutes. This was the first comic con where I didn't make a single purchase. tongue.gif

I just got back from there! I was gonna send you a PM and tell you not to go. It was an embarassment. foreheadslap.gif

You got lucky with that box of generic SA/BA books. The best thing I saw was an Infinity Crusade #1...

I appreciate the thought, I was going to do the same for you but I remembered you had some free tickets and you are closer to Orlando. The funny thing was that a fellow collector friend of mine was going to be there today and we had an agreement that whoever got there first would call the other and let them know what the show was like. I walked in just as he was getting ready to call me to tell me to not bother coming. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thanks guys...you just saved me several hours of driving, $20 in gas, and a king-sized headache!

The organizer of the FX Cons has been striking out recently with several poorly promoted shows. Guess this is no different.

foreheadslap.gif

Thanks guys...you just saved me several hours of driving, $20 in gas, and a king-sized headache!

The organizer of the FX Cons has been striking out recently with several poorly promoted shows. Guess this is no different.

foreheadslap.gif

No problem. thumbsup2.gif I would have hated for anyone to drive a great distance with the intention of seeing a "comic con". As a matter of fact, when I got home and told my wife how disappointed I was, the first thing she said was "Well you need to get on your boards and tell everyone." grin.gif I kind of had an inkling it was going to be small because a lot of the local guys (MCMiles, KingofRulers,Hoohah comics, Tom Raupp,etc) weren't setting up. I went anyway to show some support. I guess I have to wait until Tampa to get my next fix.