• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x-men #94 cgc 9.6....oh oh!

106 posts in this topic

Yep, but it changes minute-to-minute. I think I'm a 3.49-to-3.51 forumite. grin.gif

I used to think the star system was completely useless, but the way that people constantly try to knock everybody's rating down has become a constant reinforcement for me of a basic human truth...adult males are mostly selfish, arrogant, shallow insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. frown.gif

Yep, but it changes minute-to-minute. I think I'm a 3.49-to-3.51 forumite. grin.gif

I used to think the star system was completely useless, but the way that people constantly try to knock everybody's rating down has become a constant reinforcement for me of a basic human truth...adult males are mostly selfish, arrogant, shallow insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. frown.gif

Hmph. Says the man with only THREE measly stars! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hmph. Says the man with only THREE measly stars! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I could really care less...counting stars is like staring at your butt in the mirror to see how fat it is. shocked.gifgossip.gif Too much vanity for my taste! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif ..that's what you said to me when I first joined the boards and was puzzled by an unexpected "star loss". It makes you a little paranoid the first time as a forum newbie...

Are you calling me a "newbie"!?!?!

Are you calling me "paranoid"?!?!?!

Are you calling me a "forum"!?!?!? confused.gif

It didn't surprise me that this book went for so much $$$. This is the nicest copy I've ever seen of X-Men 94. Most of them have covers that show too much white on the spine. This one did not have that problem and it was obviously structurally excellent beyond that too. I would not have been shocked to see it go for $10K.

It didn't surprise me that this book went for so much $$$. This is the nicest copy I've ever seen of X-Men 94. Most of them have covers that show too much white on the spine. This one did not have that problem and it was obviously structurally excellent beyond that too. I would not have been shocked to see it go for $10K.

everyone else would be.

everyone else would be.

I doubt "everyone" would be...maybe the majority of people, including myself, would be surprised, but not shocked. When you have a premium book, it only takes two bidders with deep pockets to bid the price up to previously unimaginable levels.

My response would have been to yell "WHAT THE ....", rise slowly and awkwardly out of my chair, and stagger around the room trying to fight off the faint-headedness.

I guess "shocked" would be a more succinct way to put that. shocked.gif

I'm surprised enough it went for $7K...I can't help but think that price will fall. 50% to 75% of that price is due to supply...I find it hard to believe there aren't a bunch more of this issue out there waiting to be submitted and that the 9.6/9.8 count will at LEAST double, if not triple or quadruple over the next few years. There's got to be more than a few 30-40-50 year olds who bought this issue in the 80s/90s, have no idea what CGC is, and have it sitting in a longbox they haven't opened for years at the back of their closet.

Of course, even if the population quadruples, it'll still be more rare than GS #1 and almost certainly more valuable, but $7K? I'm skeptical...

Of course, even if the population quadruples, it'll still be more rare than GS #1 and almost certainly more valuable

That's the most important fact. No Bronze Key can be called anything approaching "rare" but of the high-end keys, I'd wager that the low print run and black cover keep X-Men 94 the "least common" of the common's in HG CGC.

It's all relative man!

I just figure that there are always multi-millionaires out there who want a specific book and the auction process allows them to bid against each other and take prices to the moon. I suppose that is why I am never that shocked by sky high prices on ebay. Always remember it only takes takes 2 interested and capable bidders out there in order to drive an auction to the moon (and beyond).

I'm surprised enough it went for $7K...I can't help but think that price will fall. 50% to 75% of that price is due to supply...I find it hard to believe there aren't a bunch more of this issue out there waiting to be submitted and that the 9.6/9.8 count will at LEAST double, if not triple or quadruple over the next few years. There's got to be more than a few 30-40-50 year olds who bought this issue in the 80s/90s, have no idea what CGC is, and have it sitting in a longbox they haven't opened for years at the back of their closet.

Of course, even if the population quadruples, it'll still be more rare than GS #1 and almost certainly more valuable, but $7K? I'm skeptical...

I talked with Bryce from Ideal Collectables about this book, as I was wondering why he didn't bid on it. He said that his customer who wanted a 9.6 run was happy with his 9.4. Plus he felt that this book went for too much! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I talked with Bryce from Ideal Collectables about this book, as I was wondering why he didn't bid on it. He said that his customer who wanted a 9.6 run was happy with his 9.4. Plus he felt that this book went for too much!

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Gene