• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny Story About Pressing

49 posts in this topic

So with all the talk about pressing on the boards, I thought I'd share something fairly humerous with regard to the issue. I think regardless of how you feel about it in general, the following will be funny.

Background info: My wife collects comics now. However, she's not a hardcore collector. She likes a few moderns (Anita Blake and Soulfire) and still loves her old Grendel comics. Although I've gotten her slightly addicted to CGC9.8 Blakes and Soulfires, she really isn't very condition sensitive. I've seen her buy beaters for too much just to fill in Aspen gaps temporarily. Up until yesterday, I had no clue she had even heard of restoration. Beyond having heard of it, I wouldn't think she had an inkling of what ways a comicbook may be restored.

HOWEVER, I was reading DJPinkPanther's poll about pressing in the Polls section here. As I was browsing for the first available option referencing "crack" the following occurred...

My wife walked up behind me

Her: "Pressing? Pressing comics like with an iron or steam press or something?"

Me: "Well, yeah. Like a big press to flatten them out."

Her: (shocked) "Wouldn't that be restoration!? People actually do that to comics!?"

My jaw nearly hit the floor.

Does every boardie's wife collect comics confused-smiley-013.gif

My God... that's the LAST thing I would want.

I gotta have **something** in life that I can call my own. sorry.gif

So true . . . so true . . . wink.gif

Uh no, mine thinks that they are worthless extension of my adolescent fantasies . . . devil.gif

In some cases I would rather the wives posted in place of the ones who do post on here.

nope!!! she can't stand it... but that's probably because I bolt the door of the home office shut and don't let her in... acclaim.gif
893whatthe.gif That was a good laugh 27_laughing.gif

nope!!! she can't stand it... but that's probably because I bolt the door of the home office shut and don't let her in... acclaim.gif
maybe she doesn't want in. 27_laughing.gif

Uh no, mine thinks that they are worthless extension of my adolescent fantasies . . . devil.gif

In some cases I would rather the wives posted in place of the ones who do post on here.

But greggy often posts in place of you..... wink.gif

My wife couldn't be less interested in comics, regardless of my efforts. I don't think she's ever read one. Not that I'm particularly bothered.

My wife couldn't be less interested in comics, regardless of my efforts. I don't think she's ever read one. Not that I'm particularly bothered.

Greggy doesn't post in place of me. We post in shifts.

greggy's shifts are continuous...he posts graemlins in his sleep....

greggy's shifts are continuous...he posts graemlins in his sleep....

I really don't want to talk about Greggy's shifts. This conversation is making me feel uncomfortable.

Nope. My wife watches those shows where they clean out the Husbands stuff while he's away and rearrange everything to look like a Bed&Breakfast. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Now that's weird.... confused-smiley-013.gif

My comic collection is a worthless extension of someone else's adolescent fantasies. Now that's weird!!