• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny Story About Pressing

49 posts in this topic

Does every boardie's wife collect comics confused-smiley-013.gif
nope!!! she can't stand it... but that's probably because I bolt the door of the home office shut and don't let her in... acclaim.gif
maybe she doesn't want in. 27_laughing.gif
no.. I hear the scratching... and I just get very quite so she thinks no one is in the room... acclaim.gif " a thank you very much" !!!

no.. I hear the scratching... and I just get very quite so she thinks no one is in the room... acclaim.gif " a thank you very much" !!!

I put a locking door knob on my computer / comic room. I said it was to keep the toddler out once she gets old enough to start opening doors.

... but we know who it was really for. devil.gif

I put a locking door knob on my computer / comic room. I said it was to keep the toddler out once she gets old enough to start opening doors.

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif nice.. I made a fair trade.. I get the home office... she gets the shed ... I was nice .. I even told her I would install her own toilet for her... tongue.gif

nope!!! she can't stand it... but that's probably because I bolt the door of the home office shut and don't let her in... acclaim.gif
maybe she doesn't want in. 27_laughing.gif
27_laughing.gif

My wife openly laughs at my comic collecting. I don't see how reading comics is any worse than a Joan Collins novel, but it seems that the pictures make it more childish even if the story is better written. At least she is happy that I keep everything well organised and out of the way in the basement and leaves me alone (except when she is laughing at me). My two daughters haven't started laughing at me yet, but it can't be too far down the road.

Mike

My wife would prefer I un-collect all the comics I've already collected. Then she could fill the comic closet with her scrapbooking supplies.

scrapbooking supplies... I got mine a scratching post... saves so much wear and tear on the door now.. thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif

My wife would prefer I un-collect all the comics I've already collected. Then she could fill the comic closet with her scrapbooking supplies.

scrapbooking supplies... I got mine a scratching post... saves so much wear and tear on the door now.. thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif
nice avatar, .

makepoint.gif
nice avatar, .
New shift starting. Go home 893applaud-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif
nice avatar, .
New shift starting. Go home 893applaud-thumb.gif
ok. I worked some OT this week, need a break. acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif

see what I mean.. yeahok.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif nice.. I made a fair trade.. I get the home office... she gets the shed ... I was nice .. I even told her I would install her own toilet for her... tongue.gif

You are very fortunate.

The only room above ground level where I can display my "comic geek cr@p" (as my wife puts it) without grief is the computer room.

I get the basement as well, but that's my workshop.

Now that we have a 14 month old running around grabbing everything she can get her hands on, I don't dare leave comics laying around anymore. Just last week, I inadvertantly left a recent issue of Batman sitting on the coffee table after I read it. It's now a 5.0. 27_laughing.gif

"Wouldn't that be restoration!? People actually do that to comics!?"

thumbsup2.gif

Here's the irony... frankly, I don't care about pressing. (I'd prefer it disclosed, but it doesn't impact my decision to buy or the amount I think the book is worth.) If my own house is divided about it, I don't think there's any hope for us here on the boards.

lol As I'm writing this post she's yelling "it's cheating" in the background. Hahahaha We're doomed. I don't know if you've all figured it out from the previous threads, but I've figured it out from this. We're doomed.

Doomed.

I couldn't afford to collect comics and have a wife.

I don't miss her in the least. headbang.gif