• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atom #1

15 posts in this topic

A recent Ebay purchase. I don't agree with the grading (I'll hold off on revealing that until I hear from the peanut gallery...). What do you think?

Note: There is a 1" tear on the back running from the upper right corner toward the "zero" in the advertisement, then turning toward the spine. Doesn't seem to show up on the scan very well... 1770835-scan0001final.jpg

1770835-scan0002final.jpg.23887de165d3c6c3f54f8ee3f5948792.jpg

Front looks decent, but with the various tears on the back I'm thinking 3.5. Yep, it's hard to see the tear in URC on the back (in future, can you get scans slightly smaller but higher resolution?). Might have a shot at 4.0.

Sorry about the bad scan...I'll work on that.

This was advertised as a 6.0 by a reputable seller who uses two Overstreet Advisers to grade his comics. Maybe they didn't take it out of the bag!

Fortunately he has a no-questions asked return policy, as I think I'm going to send it back.

Thanks for the grades...

I agree on the scan being limited, and the book actually has decent eye appeal on the front cover. I just basically wanted to get some reinforcement for my own assessment, which is that this book is a lot closer to VG than Fine. We haven't even mentioned the tape pull on the back on the "8,000" in the advertisement for silver dollars (probably because it's barely visible on my lame scan). I count the major tear, 3 smaller tears, 3 chips missing, and the tape pull on the back cover.

On the issue of scans, I wasn't allowed to post anything over 200,000 bytes, and that's why I couldn't get better resolution. But I notice other posts have larger files. Am I missing something???

What about the fact that other posts are bigger than 200,000? Is there a trick to that?
Good question... I'm stumped.. hopefully someone will be able to assist confused-smiley-013.gif

Remote image hosting (imageshack, etc.)