• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black dot

10 posts in this topic

Well, considering that they are common moderns, my guess is that the impact on their value is negligible. As to grade, it's a defacing mark, and the books should be downgraded as though it were any other spot of similar size and ilk. If you are Ok with it, then that is all that matters. thumbsup2.gif

you can say it is a newsstand date in code

or I say it's defect, get a qualified grade

OR polite remaindering but do they still do that?

I remember buyng quite a few comics in the "1/2" cover missing and "X" days

maybe someone was trying to stymie satan by screwing up the barcode?

Any idea how much of a downgrade a dot the size of the scan would cause? What's the highest grade a comic with a dot like thaT could be?

I would arbitrarily say at least a full point, although others may differ . . . grin.gif

Any idea how much of a downgrade a dot the size of the scan would cause? What's the highest grade a comic with a dot like thaT could be?

I would arbitrarily say at least a full point, although others may differ . . . grin.gif

Arrr...if'n ye get the black spot me bucko, ye have ta walk the plank! sumo.gif

1774234-blindpew.jpg

1774234-blindpew.jpg.02a0ff2e15030fec3a11227ceaa640ed.jpg

If it is treated like a distributor mark, it may not affect the grade below 9.8. If not, then I agree with David that it would probably drop the grade to 9.2 or below, since it is an ink stain.

Arrr...if'n ye get the black spot me bucko, ye have ta walk the plank! sumo.gif

1774234-blindpew.jpg

RLS 893applaud-thumb.gif