• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This one hit the "Bulls"eye.....

14 posts in this topic

According to GPA, that's a record for that grade (by $2). And here I was thinking DD 131's best days were behind it. Then again, unless some of the other $$/ grade records start getting tested I'm not sure how much this one kooky sale means:

(9.6) $968

(9.4) $599

(9.2) $400

(9.0) $165

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If my CGC 9.2 copy worth $400, i think i'm going to sell it (despite the fact that i'm a fanatic collector of DD)...

Anybody interested ? gossip.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rob, you're the one who achieved this record price on a 9.2, no ? 893applaud-thumb.gif

You guys are gonna bring Joe_Collector back in a raging fury if you keep it up. 27_laughing.gif

The book has settled down considerably from those posted highs. it may just be Heritage's presentation that lead to the sale to a less experienced buyer. I just sold a 9.4 for 500+, so a 9.2 is optimistic at $400...maybe $225/250.

I will say that I've noticed many NEW buyers out there that are going after keys like that at higher than average prices... nice to see. I have to wonder if the History Channel Special and the multiple "comics as investments" articles/news reports have shaken new interest out of the trees?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If my CGC 9.2 copy worth $400, i think i'm going to sell it (despite the fact that i'm a fanatic collector of DD)...

Anybody interested ? gossip.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rob, you're the one who achieved this record price on a 9.2, no ? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes.

I doubt $400 will happen again any time soon, though.

That was just a lucky "right book, right time" moment. The buyer simply wanted to get his High Grade DD "key set" (1,7,16,131,158,168 and a few others) over with and mine was the first CGC graded copy in high grade to hit eBay in months at that point. He was happy. I was happy. All the people that sold their copies in the first month or two after that sale were happy (both the record 9.4 and 9.6 sold within about a month after that.) Everybody was happy.

Whatever the reason why this copy went so high isn't the real point here. It's the possible fact that new blood(collectors or DD fan) that are getting a part of history or lore of that character which in this case is "Bullseye" first and new origin. Also this gives more credence that the fact that key issues or more important events then regular issue at higher grades.

893offtopic1.gifA slight off topic but does the real first appearance of Bullseye came from "Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD" No#15 and which of the two is the more sought after?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893offtopic1.gifA slight off topic but does the real first appearance of Bullseye came from "Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD" No#15 and which of the two is the more saw after?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, they're two different characters. The Bullseye in NF 15 dies at the end of that story. From personal experience, Daredevil 131 is infinitely more sought after.