• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylites 2/Fullbacks Size Question

13 posts in this topic

Can someone please explain to me why the Mylites 2 jump from 7.25" to 7.75" on width when a SA book would fit PERFECTLY in a 7.50"?

And why the Fullback jumps from a 7" to a 7.5" ? Again, when the SA book would fit perfectly in a 7.25"?

I mean, seriously, the Standard bags are too snug, the current SA/GA bags are too loose. The ones I'm suggesting would be Juuuuuuusssssst right.

Besides, there's already an 8" bag. Do we really need a 7.75" one? And a 7 and 5/8 board on top of a 7.50. Yeah, we really needed that 1/8th of an inch. yeahok.gif

Look at EGerber's website. Quarter inch increments all accross the board except where they are needed. Mylites at 7.50 and Fullbacks at 7.25.

Anybody else see this, or am I missing something?

(the impetus for part of this rant is I recently purchased all new shortboxes and am finding that the SA bags abd boards don't fit. GRRRRRRRRR)

edit- Increments, now with one "M"!

Also on Egerbers website for the archivist collector

15 x 8 x 11 1/2 Silver/Golden Comics Acid Free Boxes

8 inch wide mylar2s would not fit

that makes no damned sense.

confused-smiley-013.gif Their GA/SA size works great for my SA books. If it was any smaller I'd worry about blunting corners, especially the LRFC.

Can't use a comic short box though, you have to use magazine size.

Can someone please explain to me why the Mylites 2 jump from 7.25" to 7.75" on width when a SA book would fit PERFECTLY in a 7.50"?

And why the Fullback jumps from a 7" to a 7.5" ? Again, when the SA book would fit perfectly in a 7.25"?

I mean, seriously, the Standard bags are too snug, the current SA/GA bags are too loose. The ones I'm suggesting would be Juuuuuuusssssst right.

Besides, there's already an 8" bag. Do we really need a 7.75" one? And a 7 and 5/8 board on top of a 7.50. Yeah, we really needed that 1/8th of an inch. yeahok.gif

Look at EGerber's website. Quarter inch increments all accross the board except where they are needed. Mylites at 7.50 and Fullbacks at 7.25.

Anybody else see this, or am I missing something?

(the impetus for part of this rant is I recently purchased all new shortboxes and am finding that the SA bags abd boards don't fit. GRRRRRRRRR)

edit- Increments, now with one "M"!

picky . . . picky grin.gif

picky . . . picky grin.gif

it's an illness.

Thanks for the affirmation, guys. I hadn't thought about magazine boxes. I'll look at that.

Keep in mind that a magazine box will give you about 1-2 inches of extra width, so you have to be careful when moving the boxes to keep the books from sliding around. This hasn't been a problem for me but they'd be a pain if hauling books around to a show.

Keep in mind that a magazine box will give you about 1-2 inches of extra width, so you have to be careful when moving the boxes to keep the books from sliding around. This hasn't been a problem for me but they'd be a pain if hauling books around to a show.

unfortunately, they will also take up too much space on my shelves. I may have to consider buying GA boxes. (AGGGGGGHRRRRRRRR)

Why? 8 inches the outside dimension on the boxes last time I checked. I have the silver-gold boxes and the 7.75's fit perfectly snug; I use the magazine boxes for bigger books.

You like your comics bowed?

Why? 8 inches the outside dimension on the boxes last time I checked. I have the silver-gold boxes and the 7.75's fit perfectly snug; I use the magazine boxes for bigger books.

You like your comics bowed?

You misunderstood my shorthand, Conan. What you said made sense. I'm saying that the fact that they don't fit, weren't made to fit, "makes no damn sense".