• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Information on Variants?

14 posts in this topic

The current ones I'm curious about are the Fallen Son Variants and the Flash #11 variant (I'm thinking this was 50/50 split, but I don't know)

I come up with this alot when looking at books - my obsessive mind wants to know the ratio on a variant before I buy it. I was hoping there was a database out there with the info.

comics.org has some info - but not this type of stuff it seems.

Well usually the price can dicate how rare the variant is. The recent JLA variants (which I like) are 1:10, so the price is just a little over double of the cover price and will probably stay that way. The rarer the book, the higher the price.

The fallen son "variants" are all 2nd prints, there was no ordering incentive on these books.

The solicitations list it differently:

CIVIL WAR: FALLEN SON – NEW AVENGERS (NOTE: NOT ACTUAL TITLE)

Written by JEPH LOEB

Pencils and Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

Variant Cover by MICHAEL TURNER

The devastating end of Civil War has two decidedly different reactions from the Mighty Avengers and the New Avengers! If you thought heroes were divided during the War, just wait until the aftermath! That's right, it's both teams in one book, and we got the superstar team from Superman/Batman – Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness – to take on Earth's Mightiest Heroes…and the Avengers Assemble like never before!

confused-smiley-013.gif

There are definitely Fallen Son variants. Came out same day. They were pretty evenly distributed. A Michael Turner version and I think the normal covers are random individuals.

Pat